Chapter 74 - It is not at all as important as you.

Chapter 74 – To me, this album is indeed really important. However it is not at all as important as you.  

When Wang Simiao's voice trailed off, the audience broke into enthusiastic cheers and applause.

The host who stood on the stage let out a laugh: "With hindsight, I would've invited Qiao Yichen up to announce the winner. Perhaps we would've witnessed a kiss on the forehead or something of the sort."

The audience burst into laughter. It was only at this time did Ding Meng finally returned back to earth. Qiao Yichen turned his head and eyed at her, his gaze emitting slight amusement: "The host is hinting that you should hurry and go up to receive your award."

Ding Meng curved the corners of her mouth into a smile and rose from her seat.

Wang Simiao was a rather old man. But at this moment, how he stood on the stage dressed in a suit, made him appear as youthful as before.

Ding Meng received the trophy from his hands, her heart unceasingly in turbulence.

Nearby, the host asked: "Teacher Wang, do you have any comments?"

Wang Simiao spoke: "I've listened in earnest to every song from the album 《Thank You》. I can say with conviction that out of all the albums I've listened to in the past few years, this one's quality is one of the best. Not only that the singer herself was superb, but to Qiao Yichen also, can be considered a breakthrough. Prior to this, I've also told the media during an interview that every song from this album are all of high quality. They, having received this award, can be said to be well-deserved."

Wang Simiao spoke his long line of dialogue like an endless torrent, and added on to it even further: "Of course, this does not mean that the album is perfect. Regardless whether it is Ding Meng, or even Qiao Yichen; everyone still has room for improvement. I am looking forward to even better works in the future."

"Thank you." Ding Meng gave a deep bow to Wang Simiao, "I'll continue working hard."

The host then invited Ding Meng to deliver her acceptance speech. Taking a breath, she walked up to the microphone.

"Thank you to the judges who approved of my album. When I first started this album, my manager was not really in favor of it. Now that I've received this reward, I'm able to deliver a satisfactory response. During the making of this album, I've encountered numerous hurdles. My marriage with Qiao Yichen had been exposed, I've received a great deal of backlash[1], and I even lost a quite a bit of supporters. During that course of time, I was filled with unease that my album won't sell well, and felt apologetic towards Qiao Yichen because I knew that this album was really important to him."

Ding Meng paused, eyes redden, sniffed, and continued: "But it was during that time, he still stayed by my side; comforting me and encouraging me. I'm truly grateful to him. Also, online too. Although there were many people who cursed at me, there were friends and lingering supporters who sent supportive messages and letters to me. I'm also really grateful to them. This was the original intention of the album, 《Thank You》. If I never had those people who supported me, I would've been unable to overcome those hard times. Today, this album received the Best Album of the Year award. This glory does not belong to me, but belongs to us. Thank you."

When Ding Meng finished her speech, the little lemons who made a special trip to witness this event wept silently. Even Qiao Yichen felt rather emotional.

The guests at the audience seats began applauding one after another. The host on the stage also gave her an applause. Ding Meng performed yet another bow, then waved her hand with the award held up before returning to her seat.