Chapter 13: Shaken

Qiao Yichen's eyes were bewitching, especially when he stared directly at you. You wouldn't be able to help but believe every word he said was sincere.

Therefore, Ding Meng was absolutely convinced that today she must have been devastatingly beautiful.

Qiao Yichen saw her bashfully lower her head and soundlessly laughed, "After finishing your meal, come up to the second floor to train."

"Ah?" Ding Meng blankly looked at him. Wasn't he just saying that she was beautiful?

Qiao Yichen raised his eyebrow, "Why, you don't want to practice?"

"......I really want to!" Ding Meng flashed him a suck up smile but stealthily rolled her eyes when she lifted her rice bowl.

Qiao Yichen looked at her and continued with composure, "Tomorrow morning I need to go work. You should stay at home to practice vocals and the guitar. Also no slacking off with the physical training. When I come back in the evening, I'll inspect."

Ding Meng, "......"

In the past, she was always the one inspecting his homework. Now their roles had actually switched. This was truly a sad turn of events.

However, Great Producer Qiao still had not finished his instructions. "In the afternoon, go to the broadcast building to watch the other contestants compete. At night, come back to continue special training."

Ding Meng, "......"

This conversation was on an irreconcilable trajectory.

She pursed her lips and attempted win herself some time to rest. "I only just finished a big battle today. I figured that tomorrow I could at least sleep in late."

Qiao Yichen laughed, "Isn't your grandfather Ding Chunqiu? You can't even handle this kind of degree?"

T/N: Ding Chunqiu is this evil, old, poison martial arts master from Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils by Jin Yong.

Ding Meng, "......"

"How do you still remember something from so long ago? If your memory is so good, why didn't I see you earn full marks on your exams in the past?" Ding Meng was really rather speechless.

Qiao Yichen replied nonchalantly, "Because I was going through puberty."

"So now you're entering menopause?"

Qiao Yichen became silent for a moment before smiling at her, "Then I should have a good excuse for increasing your physical training by half an hour, right?"

"......Qiao dada, you're so distinguished and admirable. How could you be going through menopause haha."

T/N: I caved!! I'll go back and change all my "Great One's to" dada". >< They both sound weird but dada flows better

Qiao Yichen threw her a distinguished and admirable expression and ended their squabble. After the meal, Ding Meng obediently followed him upstairs for special training.

The next day when Qiao Yichen got up, he immediately went to knock on Ding Meng's door. Ding Meng couldn't put up with the knocking any longer and could only crawl up to the second floor to train.

Although Qiao Yichen wasn't off to the side enforcing anymore, Ding Meng still didn't dare slack off. She spent the entire morning earnestly training. After eating lunch at noontime, she confronted the bright sun and left to watch the competition. When she arrived at the broadcast building, she discovered that every contestant that advanced yesterday had come too. Apparently everyone was very concerned about the strength of their opponents.