Chapter 15: Competition Preparation

After Qiao Yichen's message was sent, the entire group went dead silent.

Ding Meng stared at the screen for a bit before clicking Qiao Yichen's user icon and sending a private message over: I thought you stopped using this Q a long time ago.

Not long after, she received Qiao Yichen's reply: I also thought you stopped using this Q a long time ago.

Ding Meng: Ah, I'm always on invisible mode.

Qiao Yichen: Me too.

Ding Meng thought for a bit. Her fingertips tapped across the keyboard, but before she could send out her message, another message from Qiao Yichen arrived: Although, I remember I told you to rest. Why are you still online?

Ding Meng, "..."

She had hidden in her room and secretly went online. He had unexpectedly still caught her.

Qiao Yichen: You don't need to reply to the group. Don't mind what they've said.

Ding Meng deleted her previous message and started typing again: I know. Du Xiao is just secretly in love with you ╮(╯_╰)╭」

Qiao Yichen still didn't reply. Ding Meng blinked a couple times: Goudan, are you embarrassed? Or are you unhappy? [doge]

Qiao Yichen: You can come over to my room to see if I'm embarrassed or unhappy.

Ding Meng, "..."

I'm going to sleep 88888.

She quickly closed the chat box and was just about to log out of the little penguin when her fingers paused. Then she sent out a friend request to Qiao Yichen.

T/N: 8 sounds like "ba" which sort of sounds like "bai" so 88888 is internet slang for bye bye. Also, QQ messenger's icon is a little penguin.

Qiao Yichen accepted her friend request very quickly. Ding Meng laughed and clicked [Leave group] in the class group chat. Then she closed her computer and went to sleep.

Qiao Yichen saw that Ding Meng's user icon had darkened so he closed their chat box. In the center of his screen remained another chat box. The messenger was Du Xiao, and there were even a couple lines of chat history.

Du Xiao: Qiao Yichen, since you actually still use this username, how come you never replied to any of my previous messages?

Du Xiao: What's the meaning behind bad mouthing me out of nowhere in the group chat?

Qiao Yichen: What's the meaning behind you bad mouthing Ding Meng?

Du Xiao sent over another message: She stopped using that account a long time ago. What's wrong with me talking about her? She can't even see it.

Right after she said that, she received an alert that Ding Meng had left the group.

She froze in front of the computer. A message appeared on her screen.

Qiao Yichen: Then what's wrong with me badmouthing you? You can just pretend you can't see it.

After Qiao Yichen entered that message, he exited the chat box. However, before signing out of penguin, he found Ding Meng's profile and selected [appear online to user in invisible mode].

On the other side of the internet, Du Xiao quickly typed out a message. However, before she could send it, she received another alert.

Qiao Yichen has left Middle School Class 4 Group.

Du Xiao's eyebrows scrunched up and she slammed her computer shut.

Just like this, the class group chat matter passed without causing any waves in Ding Meng's heart. Her everyday life was still completely occupied by the extremely rigorous training. The only news worth mentioning was that Qiao Yichen started making her a packed lunch everyday.