Chapter 28: This isn't a scar, this is a badge of honor

After the top three contestants received their trophies on stage, the competition finally concluded after running for over a month.

Backstage, the director gathered everyone together and happily declared, "Everyone has worked hard over this past month. Tomorrow, Producer Mu will be holding a celebratory feast at her home. Everyone needs to come!"

All the staff members cheered after he spoke. After the director handed out the invitations, he went to congratulate Ding Meng. Jiang Nanqing and the rest of the friends and family members had also arrived backstage under the direction of the staff members. When Jiang Nanqing saw Ding Meng who was surrounded, she happily rushed up, "Meng Meng, you've started running down the path of a goddess and there's no looking back! Your performance just now was so incredible. Congratulations on becoming the champion and bringing honor to our neighborhood!"

Ding Meng, "..."

Even though she hadn't been competing for the sake of the neighborhood, she still thanked Jiang Nanqing with goodwill.

From behind, a young girl she didn't recognize offered her a gift box. The girl's eyes watered with emotion, "Lemon leader, we the Little Lemons are giving you some honey! It can protect your throat!"

This was actually the first time Ding Meng had ever received a fan gift so she was a little embarrassed. Next to her, Jiang Nanqing spoke, "Don't be embarrassed. Bravely accept it!"

Ding Meng smiled and received the honey. When Jiang Nanqing reminded her about the free meal offered by the chuan chuan restaurant's boss, Ding Meng decided that there was no reason to wait. She would go today!

She speedily changed clothes and happily followed Jiang Nanqing and the others to 10 Li of Floating Fragrance.

When she left, she purposefully checked for Qiao Yichen's whereabouts, only to discover he had already disappeared. With that head injury of his, it was unlikely that anyone would drag him to go eating or drinking. He had most likely returned to the hospital.

Ah, skipping out on tonight's training shouldn't be a problem, right? If he called to ask, she could just say she was at home practicing!

After making up her mind, Ding Meng relaxed and hurried to the chuan chuan restaurant.

That night, the restaurant was packed. When Ding Meng and the others arrived, they were immediately ushered into a private room. This special treatment made her a little embarrassed. "Lady boss, on top of treating me to a free meal, you're actually personally taking care of us. I feel so undeserving."

T/N: Lao ban niang can mean lady boss (aka female owner of a business) or the boss' wife

The woman wearing a red colored qipao responded, "Ay, how many times have I told you all to not call me lady boss? I'm just a regular employee so calling me by my name will do."

Jiang Nanqing blinked at her and then leaned in toward her, "How come you haven't captured the boss yet? I'm not trying to rush you, but with the boss's looks, if you don't make a move, sooner or later, other young women are going to make a move."

The woman rolled her eyes and replied, "You should focus on marrying yourself out first. Back when I started working here, your family was already setting you up on blind dates. Now, I've already become the boss' wife in all your hearts, but your family is still setting you up on blind dates."

Everyone in the private room started to laugh. Jiang Nanqing glared at Ding Meng and spoke in a very tongue-in-cheek manner, "What's so funny? Being married must be so amazing huh?"

Ding Meng held back her laughter and replied, "Nono, you're single. You're glorious."

At the table, everyone burst laughter. After the lady boss finished serving the dishes, she announced, "Take your time and enjoy the meal. Go ahead and order more if this isn't enough. Tonight is the boss' treat so eat to your heart's desire!"