W I N E

I get out the change rooms at 3:00. I don't really care that I missed out on my classes. Anyway, I drive home and the lights are on, but only in the kitchen. I open the door and see a trail of red liquid staining the carpet. I follow it to the lounge room, where I turn the lights on. Two bottles of red wine lay empty on the floor, red liquid in a puddle under them. My Mother is passed out on the couch.
She looks so peaceful when she sleeps, like she has found happiness in whatever world she dreams about. But when she's awake, she's a restless evil witch. My mother has a drinking problem.
I get a glass of water and painkillers and leave them beside her.

I sneak up to my room without waking her up. I open my bedroom door and feel the cool air coming threw my open window. I get changed and sit at my window seat. I'm wearing my favourite pyjamas which are black silk shorts and black lace top with spaghetti straps. I sit on my window seat and scroll throw my instagram. I may act like a princess, owning a window and everything, but I am a bad ass. And everyone knows to not mess with me. I put someone into hospital.
I come across a selfie of Lauren with the caption #lovinglife #nofilter, so sick of bitches stealing our boys, let's get revenge my gurls.
I rolled my eyes. Seriously?
I grab some wine I keep stashed under my bed and take a sip. Gonna be a long week.