A G A I N

I rush to the hospital, scared I was gonna lose Ace too.
I knew it all to well, the puke green chairs in the waiting room, the reception sign that was missing the c, the broken bell.
" Ace!" I yell.
The nurse knows who I'm talking bout.
" Room 11" She says calmly.
I sprint.

" Ace! Ace!" I shout, opening the door.
He smiles at me, but soon I don't see it.
I hold his face in my hands and kiss him deeply.
" Don't ever do that again!" I say.
" Yep, like I can control the other maniacs on the road" he says smugly.
I know he's ok, his sarcasm is back.
" Haha" I say.
We are silent. I want to tell him so many things. I don't want to hurt him though.
" Ace, please just listen ok" I say.
" I have been ever since I met you" He says.
" Everyone I ever let get close and love only slip through the cracks I can't seal. They disappear and I never see them again. That nearly happened to you" I say.
His face reflects my own sadness.
" What are you saying?" He asks.
" I need to let you go. I'm hurting you. I'm bad for you" I say, calming my breathing.
" No, Jamie, I love you!" He says, eyes pleading.
" I love you too" I say, letting his hand go, and walking to the door. Loving this boy has destroyed the bad girl I once was.
" Wait! Help!" He screams.
I turn confused.
He is having a seizure!
" Nurse! Someone help!" I scream, running to him.
" Ace! Stay with me!" I scream.
Lights flash, alarms beep frantically. People run in and everything is in slow motion. Waiting for Ace to fall into deaths arms.