L O N E L Y

**This Chapter contains violence**

We were a happy family. Me, Father, Mother, and my sister, Jolie. We always went to the park, the movies and some parties for friends occasionally. Then Father started acting strange, yelling at Mother constantly for no reason at all, sending my sister to her room with no dinner and making me stay home from school to clean the house. I started misbehaving, like waging school or smoking. This made Father worse, like he couldn't handle any more trouble.
Father wasn't drunk, I couldn't ever smell the alcohol on him. There was something else going on.
One night, when everyone was supposed to be asleep, I heard men yelling at each other downstairs. I wondered down but stopped halfway to spy.
Father was standing there with a knife, yelling at three different men who had guns. And there was Jolie, sitting there tied to a chair. She looked terrified. That's when she spotted me. Run, she mouthed. But I didn't. I stayed, thinking of ways I could save her. Then, one of the men shouted,
" If you don't give us the money, we will shoot her. You don't want that, do you?"
Father looked at his beautiful little girl, then turned back to them.
" Go ahead" he said, no regret in his voice.
The men smiled at each other. I looked at Jolie, who looked at me. She didn't look scared anymore, although I knew she was, but she looked like she was ready for what happened next.
They shot her in the head.
Then the men swiftly turned around and shot my father too.
They left the lifeless bodies in the lounge room, and stormed out.
I ran back upstairs, and to my room where I locked the door. Running to my window, I watched the men leave.
Jolie would still be alive if she had a lock on her door.

I walk in to school, early the next morning. Having a hangover, I wasn't in the mood for anyone's shit. So when Lauren stood in my path, the anger went off the charts, but I controlled it for as long as I could.
" What's wrong with you, had a big night with Ace?" She smirked.
"What's wrong with you, had a big night trying to decide which teacher to sleep with next?" I said, crossing my arms.
She seemed hurt, but quickly covered it, a crowd was forming.
" Ace!" She called, " Your girlfriend is waiting!".
What she said wasn't even that bad, but it didn't stop me from slapping her. The force sent her into the locker behind her.
" What the hell!" She screamed, running at me.
I punched her in the face causing her to trip over.  She falls to the ground.
I look at her one last time, before I turned and walk out of school to the abandoned skate park.

When I get there, I order pizza. While I wait, I skate around on my skateboard. Right as I stop, the pizza guy pulls in. But as he steps out the car, I know who he is immediately. The hair, the body, it's all too familiar.
It's Ace.