8.

Kongpob confirmed Arthit's hunch. Arthit just wished he'd told him sooner. Thinking back on it, it must have been quite difficult for Mr. Suthiluck to keep cool while talking to his son's lover as though he didn't know the truth about them.

Recalling the conversation he had with his junior over the phone, the other day, Arthit is on his way from the Production Department to P'Danai's office, to have him check some files. He stops in his tracks when he hears the latter talking with Nong Dae. The young man knows he should not be eavesdropping but ...

"When did you come back home yesterday?"

"I can't remember exactly. Maybe around 11 pm."

"I thought you said you have some tests coming up and you need to study. How can you manage if you keep spending your time with that ... senior of yours?"

"Dad, I already told you his name is P'Tew."

"Look, I need you to stop hanging out with him so often. It's affecting you in a bad way."

"What do you mean? Before, you were upset that I'd spend my days locked in my room and now that I finally made friends ..."

"Friend? Is he really just a friend to you? Because I feel that he is more than that and I'm not sure I approve of it."

"Dad, are you serious?!I am not a child anymore so I think I have the right to be with whomever I wish."

Arthit has decided he's heard enough so he knocks on the door and enters the room. Dae looks like he is about to cry.

"P'Danai, I'm sorry to interrupt. I need your signature on these purchase orders."

The older man clears his throat and takes the folder from Arthit's hands before he sits at his desk. Dae grabs his backpack from a chair and rushes out of the office without a single word.

"Is ... Dae OK, sir?"

"Don't mind him. He's just going through a phase but he'll get over it soon. I'll make sure of it." Arthit's boss replies. "Here are your papers."

❈❈❈

It's not the weekend yet, but there's no one waiting for him at home anyway, so he decides to have a drink at Bright's bar.

"Ai'Arthit, long time no see, man! I've missed you! Come here!" Bright greets his friend by pulling him into a headlock.

"Get off me!" Arthit barks at him, punching him in the gut.

"Glad to see you two still get along." Toota observes.

Knott has brought his girlfriend with him ... again. He swears his friends are not actually violent people, they're just fooling around. When she covers her mouth to hide a chuckle, the engagement ring on her finger captures the light from above, catching Prem's attention.

"So, Ai'Knott, have you guys already set the date for the big day?" he inquires, with a smirk.

The couple looks at one another for a second before Tob eventually answers.

"I'm actually glad you asked because I'm also dying to know."

"Wait, what?! You ..." Prem is at a loss for words and they all start laughing at the dumb expression painted on his face.