20.

I hear the alarm on my phone going off, but I purposefully keep my eyes shut for a little while longer. After spending an entire week waking up late and not doing much all day (during our honeymoon trip), I need to force myself back in the daily routine.

"P'Arthit, it's 7:30." I hear my husband's soft, sleep ridden voice.

I kinda like how his chest is touching my back, warming it up, although I am not a fan of those short puffs of air he starts blowing in my ear. It's a habit of his he just won't lose, no matter how many times I've asked him to.

"P', you're gonna be late." he continues, now nudging the shell of my ear with the tip of his nose.

I bite the inside of my cheeks to suppress the smile that threatens to tug at the corners of my mouth. If I move even a single muscle on my face, he's gonna figure out I'm bluffing.

"Ah, my wifey is such a sleepy head. Whatever am I gonna do with you, P'Arthit?"

Now hold up! Did he just call me wifey?!

I sit up so quick and sudden, forgetting that half of his body is literally draped over me, and I accidentally hit him. When I look over at my nong, he is holding both his hands over his nose, eyes in tears.

"Ouch, P'! Why did you do that?" he whimpers.

I panic. Did I hit him so hard that I broke his nose? Will blood come gushing out if I remove his hands?

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I swear! Does it hurt a lot? Lemme see."

I sigh in relief when nothing seems wrong, after a quick inspection. He is pouting and refuses to look at me.

"So you were actually awake the whole time." he mumbles, hugging his pillow.

"Kong, I'm really sorry. I just ... you know I don't like you calling me wife."

"But I was only joking."

"I'd better get ready for work now."

Kongpob is back to his usual cheerful self as we sit at the table and he places a steamy omelette in front of me.

"I hope you like it."

I take a bite and it's undoubtedly one of the fluffiest, aromatic omelettes I've ever tasted. If anyone is the wife in this relationship, it surely is Kongpob. Cause the boy cleans the house, does the laundry, always makes sure I have my shirts ironed neatly, and has improved his cooking skills so much lately. Unlike me, I'm still the lazy bum I've always been.

✥✥✥

I enter the office in a great mood, to greet my co-workers I haven't seen in over a week, only to notice something is off. There is a heavy silence reigning over the room and their faces are clouded with a certain feeling I can't quite pinpoint.

"Good morning, everyone. I brought souvenirs from ... Um ... is everything okay?"

Earth looks up at me and gives me a small smile.