Poems and Rejection

He was on one knee looking for a yes, but the sad look in her eyes told him otherwise. He tried to convince her that it was true love, not just lust. Words failed him, and he put the ring away. She left shortly after and he finished his meal alone.

============================

I saw it rise from deep beneath the sea. Unspeakable horrors followed with it. The air turned acrid and stung my eyes. Rain cut my skin till it bled, and the crashing thunder deafened me. The storm masked death's approach.

============================

Out if the shadow

And into the light

I face the things

That go bump in the night

Gnarled teeth

Bony hand

Fetid breath

Nightmare-land

===========================

Papa always said, 'Knowledge needs to be tempered with wisdom.' I wish he would have told me something useful, like how to survive a zombie apocalypse. It was the government's fault anyway. Once they took God out of the schools, everything went to hell.

============================

A hundred lashes for the person that was supposed to be my best friend. I trusted you. I told you that I love you. I wanted more, and you didn't. Now I sit here alone. I guess that's what I get for putting all my eggs in one basket.    

(Authors Note: This short piece was actually based on the girl that never gave me a chance, but she gave all my friends a go...)