The End of the Beginning

He first noticed the scale during his morning shower. Jake's entire torso was covered in them by night time. He felt his blood run cold as the monster's poisoned bite rushed through his system. The ocean called out for him to begin the hunt.

===========================

A wave of emotion overcame him as he reached the end of the journey. He lowered his heavy pack to the ground. Many miles were traveled; he was eternally grateful for the experience. His family waited for him with open arms, cheers, and beers. Well done sir!

==========================

"What did you do?"

Of course, the question was lost on the smiling 2-year-old boy and room covered in flour.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Now what?"

"Hello, sir. I'm officer Ray. We received a 911 call from this house."

The phone hit the floor followed by giggles.

=========================

A single flower was left on top of a note. It was a white rose and a goodbye. Tears formed at the corners of her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. Was it a year and a half wasted? The answer might be at the bottom of one of these bottles of Moscato.

========================

"Look rookie, we got 4 dead bodies, no trace of a murder weapon and the only witnesses are these five felines. If you have anything productive to add, now would be the time."

"I found a hidden nanny cam in this bear."

"Son-of-a..."

"I'll get it down to evidence."

========================

He was strapped into the electric chair for a crime he didn't commit. The midnight hour approached with a relative slowness that challenged everything Einstein ever taught. A stranger sat in the back with a knowing smile and a wave. Another thrilling frame job ending.