Chapter Four

My hands shake as I flip through the pages of our script. The wind outside nearly chilled me to the bone and I'm still a little shaky, even in the warm condo. Today, I'm actually one of the first ones here since I'm very early. Madeline promised her car would work today so she could pick me up. Believe it or not, I wouldn't mind riding with Alexander again. Last night was great.

"Cold much?" A red-haired girl asks beside me with a small giggle.

I turn to face her. "Very." I answer. She hands me a hoodie that was sitting underneath someone's script on a chair beside her.

"Is this yours?" I ask whenever she gestures for me to take it.

"Uh-sure. I'm Jackie. I play-I shouldn't even bother. You look like you've read the books. Take a guess." She says quickly.

I warily pull the navy hoodie over my head. "Foxface?" I ask just as I put my head up.

She nods her head and smiles at a boy who just walked in. I think he was the boy that plays Marvel.

He sits in the seat to my left. "Hi. Jack Quaid. Marvel." He says shortly before smiling warmly at the red-haired girl.

"Isabelle Fuhrman. Clove." I reply. I'm sure he already knew who I played.

He gets a surprised look and studies my face more. "Orphan?" he asks with excitement.

I nod my head and he starts to laugh. Jackie moves over to the seat beside him and they both start to talk. I look down at my script some more before I hear a chair screech to my right.

"Since when do we go to the same schools?" a male's voice says beside me.

I bring my head up to meet the familiar brown eyes. A smile expands on his boyish face and he sits beside me. I look down at the hoodie, now putting the pieces together. I send a glare at Jackie who is obviously trying to hold back grins.

"I didn't know it was yours. I thought it was hers." I tell him while beginning to pull it off.

"No, it's alright. You can keep it if you want." Ian says.

"Oh, uh, I'm good. You can have it back. I don't have a use for a 'Winchester High Track Team' hoodie." I say with a smile. It sounded a lot less nerdier in my head.

He smiles at me before looking back behind me. His smile disappears before turning his head to his script. I'm confused for a minute before I hear his voice.

"Hello again." Alexander says while taking a seat beside Ian. "It's getting kind of warm in here. Why are you wearing that sweatshirt, Isabelle?"

I roll my eyes and try to pay him no attention. He keeps delivering questions though. The weird part is that he's not even talking to me. He's talking to Ian, who seems terribly intimidated by the guy.

"So, Ian, I see that you're still in high school. You don't look a day over twelve, buddy." Alexander says while delivering a slap to Ian's shoulder. I could literally hear how much that stung.

"Um, thanks? I'm a sophomore actua-"

"That sucks. I'm a sophomore in college. You still have a while to go." Alexander tells Ian with a smirk.

What happened to the Alexander from last night? He's turning back to the Alexander that I despised from the beginning.

"And you're on the track team I see. Why don't you act like you've hit puberty already and play like football or baseball? A real sport." Alexander tells Ian.

"Alexander!" I hiss at him. He throws his hands back in defense and turns away from Ian.

Poor Ian is now slumped down in his seat, trying poorly to cover his reddening face. I take off the hoodie and hand it back to him, but he just pushes my hand away. It's still a few minutes before we have to start.