Chapter Thirteen

To say that this week has gone by slowly is an understatement. It's been agonizing. We haven't even been able to start filming our scenes so we just train every single day. Of course, we were off Monday since we were camping. Now, it's Saturday and they are making us train today. Jennifer and Josh are done filming the scenes from District Twelve so they're back to train with us. It's a little intimidating with them around.

Plus, not much has happened this week. Apparently everyone thinks that Ian and I are an official couple. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I haven't admitted to it but I suppose Ian has. We've spent time together almost every night and gone out a few times. He's so sweet, but something about "dating" him just seems a little off.

At the moment, Hunter has us all huddled by the agility course. Today is supposed to be the last day of doing the course so we have to beat our times. I've gotten my time to as low as 56 seconds.

I'm in between Josh and Jackie in the line. At the moment, Jennifer is up ahead doing her run. She beats it apparently because she goes off to practice shooting a bow when she's done. It seems like forever until Josh, who was in front of me, goes.

He doesn't finish his time and jogs to the back of the line. Hunter helps me up onto the 6 foot pillar so I can start. I start the timer and begin to go.

I think I'm making decent time but Hunter keeps yelling at me to go faster. I try to speed up, leaving the pillar a few inches before the edge. When I get to third to the last, I jump way too early. I realize this immediately and extend my legs to touch the next. I miss by inches and fall 6 feet to the ground, my head smacking against the metal floor. I think I black out for a second and black spots dot my eyes when I open them.

"Oh my God, she's dead!" I hear Jack yell, though it sounds very distant. My head is pounding from the impact with the floor and my foot aches from contacting with the pillar wrongly.

"Isabelle? Are you okay? Can you hear me?" I hear Ian's voice. I open my eyes, waiting for the spots to clear. I slightly nod and attempt to stand up, only to find myself on the verge of blacking out again. I can only slump against the pillar.

"No, stay st-"

"We need to get her to the nurse's station. It's in the building just next door." Hunter speaks, interrupting Ian.

"No, I'm fine. I just slipped." I tell them, slurring my last few words. I know I'm not fine. My head hurts way too much and my vision is spotty. And I think my foot is twisted in an unusual way. Maybe it's just my eyes messing up.

"You might have a concussion. And you probably can't walk. Did someone bring a car?" Hunter asks.

Though my vision is glassy, I can see Ian is concerned. He's crouched beside me with his hand over mine. Suddenly, Alexander pushes him aside and crouches just like Ian was. I feel one of his arms slip behind my back and the other one just under my knees.

"Dude, get away from my girlfriend!" Ian snaps at him.

"She needs to get to the nurse somehow and it's right over there! I'm not risking her being carried by your scrawny ass arms!" Alexander snaps at Ian. I didn't look, but I know Ian is probably embarrassed and upset. He doesn't say anything else.

Alexander says something else before carrying me out the doors of the gym and into the building just across the street. There's a lot of gyms and athletic parks around here so it's probably here for that reason.

He's still carrying my while he talks with someone at a desk. He then brings me back into a room following a nurse. He sets me down on the bed-type thing and then stands back while a nurse tends to my head and ankle.