Chapter Fourteen

Oh, Jackie. What would I do without her? She's probably the only person ever who would answer my phone call at 2 in the morning. Let's just say that I was up all last night due to my racing thoughts. I called Jackie because I just needed someone to talk to. Without getting mad or anything, she just told me she would be there first thing in the morning. After that, I went to sleep.

As promised, she was banging on my door at 8:00 this morning. I can't go to training due to my ankle, but it's the last day for the rest of the cast. I think it starts at 10:00 today.

I was already awake when she knocked and immediately got up to let her in. Now, she sits comfortably on one end of my bed eager to hear what I woke her up last night for.

"I have a problem." I say with a sigh.

She nods. "You have lots of problems."

"Jackie..." I whine. She giggles a little before her face turns stern.

"Okay. We'll fix your problem. But first, I have a question." She says.

I raise an eyebrow, gesturing for her to go on. She takes a deep breath as if she's nervous I will criticize her.

"Do you think Jack is cute?" She asks.

Oh God. I feel bad for laughing at her. She looks disappointed immediately and looks down. "Okay. Tell me your problem." she says quietly.

"I'm sorry. That was kind of...sudden? Jack can be somewhat attractive sometimes." I tell her with a reassuring smile.

She smiles back. "Thanks? Um so what's up with you?"

I take in a deep breath. I shut my eyes close as tight as they can go and exhale. My nerves are literally everywhere. They have been since last night.

"Okay, well, so I'm apparently Ian's girlfriend now..." I say. Jackie raises an eyebrow.

"Apparently? Isabelle you two are a couple. It's pretty obvious. He's crazy about you and you seem to really like him." She says.

"I do?" I ask. That's not good. She slowly nods her head. "That's the thing, Jackie. I-I don't. Not like I should. He's a good guy and everything and a good friend but he's just-he's not-I don't know."

Jackie nods her head and stays silent. Thank God for Jackie. If this were Jess or Dylan I were talking to, which I do love them both to death, they would be interrupting and running their mouths the whole time. Jackie just stays quiet and waits for me to finish.

"And that's not even my problem. I mean it sort of is. The problem is that I'm Ian's girlfriend but I sort of kind of like someone else." I say, grimacing a little when I say it out loud. I feel like a terrible person.

"Can I ask who this person is?" she asks quietly.

"Alexander." I mumble. Jackie's eyes go wide and she stutters out words that I can't comprehend.

"Um, alright. So how do we fix it? More importantly what am I helping you fix?" Jackie asks with a weak smile.

"I don't know!" I say, putting my head in my hands. "I have a freaking boyfriend who I didn't want to be my boyfriend! All of a sudden everyone's telling me that I'm Ian Nelson's girlfriend! I don't even like Alexander I freaking love him and I don't know why! He's obnoxious and a total jerk to everyone and yet somehow I've fallen head over heels for him! How the hell am I supposed fix that, Jackie? I have a boyfriend who obviously really likes me and I'm in love with a guy who doesn't give a shit about me! How do you fix that?!"

"You and I both know that Alexander really cares about you." Jackie says softly. I pull my head out of my hands to look at her. She's full of concern and attempting to keep a smile.

"Not the way I do about him." I mumble. "He's 20 and I'm 15. He probably cares about me like a little sister or something."

"Maybe not." She says. "So you really love him huh?"

"God, you don't even know." I say, putting my head back in my hands. "I think I have for a long time I just wouldn't admit it until last night. It's just something, you know? I mean I hate how just rude and arrogant he is but somehow I love the jerk. Do you know how it feels fall in love with someone when they aren't willing to catch you? It sucks, Jackie. It really really does."

"How do you know Alexander doesn't love you too?" She asks me.

"How could he? I'm just a little kid to him. He couldn't possibly feel like that towards me." I snap.

Jackie smiles. "If that's how it works, how come he isn't just a 'big kid' to you. Alexander is obviously something really special to you. Maybe you're the same towards him."

"Well, I'll never know." I grumble.

"Why not? Just tell him how you feel." Jackie says. I roll my eyes. What a standard cliché thing to say.

"What am I supposed to say? Am I just supposed to walk up to him and be like 'I am just so in love with you that I cannot stand it'? Seriously Jackie." I say.

"How do you know it's not just a crush?" she asks me. "Maybe you're just jumping into things."

"This is different." I say while shrugging my shoulders.

She shakes her head. "I think he should just hear how you feel. I'm sure he might feel the same."

"Much easier said then done." I mumble into a pillow. I poke my head up and stare back at Jackie. "How the hell am I supposed to tell that boy I love him without making a fool of myself?"

Jackie opens her mouth to speak but stops. She snaps her hear towards the door and her jaw literally drops open. I'm about to look but I hear his voice first.

"You love me?"

You guys are going to hate me so much the next chapter 😏