Wet Koala

"This is so embarrassing!" I groaned.

"Let us see it!" Vivian yells from outside of the dressing room.

"How this?" I hear Ally ask as her dressing door clicks open.

"It's cute!" Olivia approves.

"Yeah, the flower print suits you," Evelyn agrees.

"You think?" Ally replies.

"Come on, Wendy! Everyone's already done!"

It's true. Vivian of course got a red one, since red has always been the best color on her. Olivia picked mint green, and Evelyn a dark, deep purple. All of them two-piece suits. Because of this, they forced me to try one on myself.

"I'm sure its cute," Olivia insists.

Nervously, I turn the lock and peek my head out, hiding the red of my body behind the door. Seeing how great Ally's slim yet toned body from gymnastics and cheer-leading makes me even more scared to show how I look. Despite this, I step forward.

"Its so cute!" Vivian squeals, spinning me around.

"I don't think we ever saw your butt before," Evelyn adds.

"This is really embarrassing, guys. I think its too flashy for my taste. Maybe I should pick something simpler." I indicate the slits on the sides of the bottoms and the off-the-shoulder ruffled top.

"We picked the most-toned down two-piece. Plus, you look really good in baby blue," Vivian insists.

I wanted to keep trying on two piece suits, but my body is like a chopstick; It doesn't fill out the suit, and those I do fill are too short and I end up with a major wedgie. I thought jean shopping was the worst, but not anymore. Plus, the ruffled top did compensate for my small chest. The high-waisted bottoms were too bad either.

"Okay, fine."

"Yay!" Olivia claps.

"I'm jealous. How do you stay so slim when you constantly eat?" Ally pouts as I gawk at her abs.

"She's blessed with a fast metabolism," Evelyn explains.

The next day we all arrive at the water park, along with Vincent, Carson, Luke, and Logan.

I've never been much of a swimmer. Dad put Wren and I into swimming classes when we were young, and of course Wren excelled at it. Every class was embarrassing to know that as a fifth grader, your second-grader sister was already at the top level while you were stuck with kindergartners. Now, I can stay afloat for at most one minute before I drown to death.

Because of this, I never swim. So, I began to get very confused once everyone started to peel off their clothes, their swimsuits already on underneath, in front of the lockers. Maybe if I wasn't frantically trying to think, I could've enjoyed the view of Vincent's back muscles flexing as he took off his shirt.

"I'm going to go to the changing room real fast," I say to Vincent, who nods and leaves the locker open so I can put my stuff in later.

Even after I finished changing, I had to pace back and forth before emerging. Outside, I rounded around so that I avoided the direction Vincent was facing as he spoke to Luke and Logan. I slide myself closely against the other lockers, behind Olivia who is too busy making out with Evelyn to notice my presence, and extend my arm to toss my backpack into the compartment. My fingertip barely touch the door, so as I kept increasing how rigorously I was waving my fingers, the door accidentally shut too hard and everyone turns their attention to me. I force an awkward smile as I balanced on one foot and hugged onto the lockers with one arm, like a spider falling off the walls.