Chapter 5

Nick

Cylus' Pov

With a long sigh I entered the house.  I listened out for any possible noise but none came. Seth and Chloe supposed to be home.

"Anybody home?"

With no response, I made my way upstairs and leaned an ear on Seth's door but there wasn't any sound, I did the same on Chloe's door and heard her calling out a muffled named.

At first, I thought she was talking on the phone but then it got louder and repetitive. Nick! I continued to listen finding it hard to process what was going, well that's until I heard something more clear. They were probably kissing before but now they were full-on.    

I didn't think, my emotions were raw and I was super confused alongside pissed. My hands had a mind of its own when it took hold of the door and swung it open.

I instantly regret my doings as the scene on display was absolutely terrible and not to forget the 'You're a madman' look they were shooting.

Chloe laid flat on the bed in only her undergarments while Nick was situated on top of her SHIRTLESS.

Nick's face turned an unnatural shade of red whilst Chloe had the cheekiest grin plastered.

"I-I... I di-didn't know N-N ." I stuttered, I cleared my throat and then said, " Sorry I didn't know you were with someone, Just thought it was your tv ." And before I could hear their response I ran out and went into my room.

I quickly dialed up my best friend ."Sade, I am transferring money to your account, you already know my size, buy some nice clothes your kind of style clothes and bring it for me tomorrow when you come to get your things."

"Hello to you too and why do you want me to do that? I thought sexy wasn't your style."

"It is now. I really liked Nick Y'know , and even when Chloe knew that she would just not care, I now walked in on them almost doing the naughtys ."

"The actual h*ll, she is such a b**ch. Are you ok ?"

"Yes I am transferring the money to your account tomorrow we will talk." And with that, I hung up my phone and went on online banking and transferred the money across.

For the rest of the day I stayed inside and only when it was night time and I was sure Chloe was asleep .

As I entered the kitchen I heard shuffling coming for the living room, I tip-toed across and slowly peeked to see who was there, I saw Seth on the couch eating a bag of chips and scrolling thought IG.

" Seth, where were you? " I asked in a rather motherly tone.

Seth jumped and turned to face me with an annoyed expression  "I went to check Jacky and ended up sleeping over, I am only here for a couple of days before the new semester begins ."

Jacky was Seth's best friend but since they went different collages they slowly drifted away.

"Good to see you and Jacky are still friends " Seth let out a soft "yeah" before turning back to his phone. That was my cue to leave so I retreated and made myself two sandwiches and pulled out my phone and looked through my social media as I ate around the dining table.

After finishing up I checked my time reading 9:57 and climbed the stairs making my way to my room. I watched a few episodes of season 2 of Riverdale and then fell asleep.

______________

"Bang bang, bang bang " I woke to a loud knock on my door.

"What! " I shouted but the person didn't hear me from their loud banging.

I arose and grabbed a robe pulling it around me and then opening my door. I was so shocked to see Sade standing, smiling in front me that I rubbed my eyes to see if I was dreaming, reopening my eyes and realizing she was real I muttered a good morning and the peaked at my alarm near my bed which was reading 12:07.

I yawned and Sade handed over what looked like more than ten shopping bags.

"All your money finished but don't worry I bought some beautiful expensive brand items ." My eyes widen when I heard she spent two of my paychecks on clothes.

"I know that face, you make it when you're holding back an argument " Sade laughed and I rolled my eyes.

Sade went to walk back downstairs but just as she made it to the first step she turned back and said, "Change into an outfit now and meet me downstairs, your gonna help me pack up my apartment."

I internally groaned but nevertheless did as she said.

I found a cute grey top with a black rip up jeans and matched it with a pair of black high heel boots.

*55 minutes later at Sade's  Apartment

Sade's Pov

For the last thirty-something minutes I have been here laying on my bed watching Cylus pack my bag, it was the least she could do after I walked around the mall the entire day yesterday looking for clothes. lol, that's what I told her, I actually just shipped it online and paid more to get it early and when I did I put it in some of my old shopping bags.😂 Lazy people's goals.

Lol yeah, I am that mean and lazy, but I guess there is always that type of friend.

I watched as Cylus put her sweat and blood into packing up. Literally... She just got a small cut when moving my glass vase.

I was really going to miss her but I always wanted to live in New York and a double paycheck sounded good too.

If only she could come with me but she would never leave her family even though they treated her like crap, her parents were never home and if they were it was like they weren't, her brother was alright - he was away in college must times but he always visited and for Chloe, she was a man stealing, evil greedy sister.

I was broken out of my thoughts when I felt cylus weight on the bed, I looked next to me and saw her lying flat with her hand on her eyes. "You ok there?" I asked and it was then I saw the long streaks of tears running down her cheek. She was crying.

"I am sorry I don't mean to be a cry baby. It's just that I am going to miss you a lot." I let out a soft awee and leaned above her and dipped in for a hug.

After a few seconds of hugging my back started to hurt from the awkward position I was in so, I let go.

We decided on a Netflix and chill date to spend our last moments together as a good one since I had to fly back later tonight.

Later that night we drove to the airport and She waited with me until my flight called and we had to separate.

Just as I was entering the glass walk over to board the plane I turned around and said, " Forget Nick, your family and everyone else.  Just think about you and your happiness, if you ever need me I'm only one phone call away or you can simply move in with me ." I sent a playful wink and walked off.