Chapter 27

Stephen's Pov

"When I heard the position was open I knew that it was made for me . I am not only successful but I can contribute many things to you and this company ." The dirty blond said , her lustful eyes and her occasionally fixing of her shirt told me that she wasn't interested in my company but rather me .

"Ok thank you , My secretary will give you a call if you get the job ." She winked at me before swaying her non-existent hips to the exit .

This was all Cylus' fault . Never once in my adulthood had I ever liked someone as much as I liked her . But never in my career history have I found a female partner who would work intently and as hard as me without any flirting or intimate relationship between us .

My company was the most important thing in my life , I was not going go let my desire or need of love control me . If Cylus and I ever got in a relationship and broke up she would obviously quit .

Not only would I be heart broken but I would also lose someone important and influential to the growth of my company .

But because of my cold actions I have lost both . We aren't together and she no longer works here .

A week had passed since she left and I still couldn't get over her . I really did like her .

From a young age my father thought me the put this company over love , friendship & acquaintances . When he finally handed it over I was the Ice-King , I even pushed away my needs as a man .

But her , this girl was breaking me down and she didn't even know it .

I sighed before stepping out for a walk . Many people gasped at my presence as I walked down the street , some asked for pictured which I denied and others acted desperate .

I had been walking for 15 minutes now when I came about a small cafe .
Rituals .

As I entered I got a real homey a welcoming vibe .

The smell of strong coffee and freshly baked pastries filled my nostrils , I looked around to see many laid back and chill people typing on their computers or chatting with a friend , none of them aware or just ignored my presence .

I felt great to be regular . I approached the barrister who she recognized me with a shocked face but then blew it off asking for my order .

" What do you recommend ? " I asked .

"Well for a business man like yourself a plain coffee but as a regular customer our new Rainbow Frap , Cotton Candy Frap , Cinnamon Roll Frap which is most popular and Red velvet Frap."

" Can I have a cinnamon roll frap and 10 of those sprinkle butter cookies ."

I waited as the lady brought back my order and it felt odd spending so little on coffee and cookies. 

The front seating area was filled but fortunately there was a back area . As I entered I noticed it was empty only one group of friends sat at the way corner .

I continued to the nearest seat but stopped in my tracks when I heard that beautiful laugh . My eyes immediately shot to the group and there sat Cylus .

Opposite her , a man who's hand was laced with another's , Sade I think was her name .

I stood stalkerish just watching as the man talked again and they all burst out laughing .

As though she felt my gaze and her eyes moved to mine and her smile quickly disappeared . I felt sad and guilty that I was the one to remove such happiness from her gorgeous face.

I gave a small polite smile but she only scoffed causing her friends to look between us .

"I think we should go ." I heard her tell her friends and they all stood up walking towards the door .

"Wait !" My heart gave in and I ran to her side taking hold of her wrist .

"Cy please can we talk ." I begged my hand still on her wrist.

Her friends got the memo and left muttering they would wait outside.

"There isn't anything to talk about , you were being unreasonable and I quite . Can you let go now you're hurting me ." For the last part she averted her eyes to my hand and I instantly let go, it pained my heart that I caused any physical pain to her.

"Sorry , please lets just talk over dinner ." I pleaded . "No I am not going , I am not just a business meeting . " She said already heading to the door .

I quickly ran in front of her , instead of gripping her wrist I kneeled down on one knee and pulled out my cookies as a replacement for a wedding ring.

"Cylus Anglia Lee , will you make me the happiest man on the earth and go on a date with me . Your not just a business meeting , I lik you but I pushed my feelings away . I know I was  cold and heartless but please give me another chance ." I looked deep into her eyes and I knew all my vulnerability was on display.

I waited and waited until she finally said some words.

"No , you just want to play me ." Her eyes were situated on the ground but the sadness in her voice was still clear .

"No please give me a try , I am going to change . After that kiss I haven't even glanced at someone nor think they were as amazing and beautiful as you ." I said using my index finger to raise her chin .

"What do you say ?"

"Y..yes ."

My couldn't be happier , I picked her in my arms and hugged to air out of her , not breaking any bones of course .

"I have a new place but just meet me at Sade's place for 8 ." She informed shyly and I nodded my head . She took that as a good bye and ran away .

I just stood there still in awe when I felt a tap on my shoulder .

"My cookies please ." I laughed at her cuteness before handing it over and watched as she happily walked off. 

How was this chapter , Leave your feedback .

Today is the 21st and I plan to end and officially mark this story as complete on my birthday , the 25th .