Chapter 9

The next morning I woke up to the loud beep of my alarm clock . Today I had to go back to work and I already knew today would be crappy seeing as Sade was no longer there with me .

Finishing of my morning routine which consisted of showering and brushing my teeth , I threw on a knee level black pencil skirt and a cream long sleeve silk top and pulling my long hair into a tight bun.

Finding my appearance rather appealing unlike the previous work days I left and instead of eating boring cereal I decided to quickly pass through starbucks and get myself a cup of coffee and mouth watering ham sandwich .

Not to long after arriving at work just as I had finished my coffee I heard a huge commotion coming from the department next door . Keeping in my place I ignored it and continued my work.

Not long after the cheering stopped and before I left work i heard some girls gossiping that Mr.James the owner of the entire company had visited the marketing department today . Kind of weird that I have been working here for almost two years and I haven't met Mr.James as yet.

Sade met him in NY and couldn't stop talking about how good looking he was. Almost any man was super good looking for her but for me I had up a very high wall and didn't find many men attractive . Well except for that stranger. - Stephen I think his name was . He looked as if he was specially crafted to attract women , probably even men with that body .   

Here I was currently in the gym doing lodges thinking about a stranger which I wouldn't see again . My head immediately flicked to face a broad female that had tapped on my shoulder interrupting my thoughts.

"Hi can I help you ? " My words were kind but it also sent out the memo that she was distracting me from working out .

She stared me up and down and spoke "You only paid for an hour session , It's been one hour and seventeen minutes. " I abruptly stood up realising my mistake and apologized .

This month I was extremely broke , while in NY I over spent and I haven't gotten my pay as yet.

I drove myself home feeling satisfied with my workout session , I could see a little difference in my figure . I was still short and petite but I now had some abs line coming in and slightly more defined backside .

I pulled up in my driveway and entered house . There my sister sat on the couch with dad besides her.

"Hi guys , where is mum ?" I asked jolly , they both turned to face me and dad answered telling me she was at the supermarket .

I was ready to walk away when Chloe tapped my shoulder . "Can we talk,"
I followed her into the kitchen where I pulled out a stool and took seated opposite her.

"Nick and I are moving in together ." I took a moment to take it in , not really affected by the news I just nod.

"We are becoming really serious , and I know at the beginning you liked him our whatever but he doesn't feel the same , so please keep your distance around our relationship ."

I simply mouthed a " sure " and headed up to my room . I think I over thought things in the start , Nick was an attractive man with a good personality which was my type but I am tired of fighting life for a boyfriend or my sister's acceptance .

I settled into bed and scrolled through my IG a little before falling asleep .