Chapter 15

Stephen's Pov

I thought today would be a hard day , that I would have to go proofread all the files and contact lots of people but it wasn't so . To my surprise Cylus had shown up and did all the work .

The way she looked at her friend when she asked to think about the job offer .

It was a stubborn and vexed look, so I thought she would just ditch on Monday . I felt really relived that I would have help and actually happy that she would be the one to help.

To my dismay I was still very busy all day and I didn't get to see her . The day had passed and it was almost time for her to finish work , I knew she would come in to drop off the files so I patiently waited on for her arrival.

But unfortunately just before she came , Miranda entered and took a seat on my lap . She expected me to hug her but when I didn't she just picked up my arm and wrapped it around her waist .

Just as she did so Cylus knocked and entered . She looked a little taken back but quickly composed herself and dropped of the files muttering a small 'Good Night' before leaving.

This had me feeling really bad. My employee has seen me two days in a row with a girl in my office. Talk about unprofessional. I try my best to sperate my business from personal life but Miranda just can't take no.

Yestereday I scolded her about barging in my office and bad talking my employees. I practically insulted her (not on purpose tho) and told her not the return to my office unless I tell her too. Bit the girl is so stubborn she returned and did so at the worst timing too.

-------------

The next day came quickly and I didn't know why but I was kind of excited to see Cylus and actually get to talk to her .

I looked down at my wrist watch to see it is 8:50 , that means Cylus would be here already . I buzzed my voice over and asked her to bring me coffee .

I could swear I felt a butterfly flap around in my stomach when I heard her sweet voice say 'Right up sir '.

Her voice was different from Miranda's , it wasn't seductive and velvety but rather sweet and innocent , which I absolutely found refreshing  .

Breaking the record of my last PA , Cylus entered in less than 3 minutes . I sent her a toothy smile and invited her to sit .

She had a small smile in her face but deeper I could see she was super nervous , before I could think my mouth moved and some very sweet words exited .

"No need to be scared Cylus , You are doing really great so far ." My words shocked me more than her as I was usually rude and annoyed towards all my employees . Her tense body relaxed at my words and she leaned back further in the seat .

" Yesterday you had a sense of how working on your own would be and today you will be working with me , go get your note pad , pens and other stationary from your office and return ."

_______

My eyes had scanned over her body , a nice black dress stuck to her skin , a stylish leather jacket finishing the look.
She had a great sense of style and don't even talk about her cream pencil skirt and white blouse she wore when she came with her friend.

She exhaustively hanged up the phone and placed it down , all day I had her making calls while I instructed her on what to say . This was the last call of the day and she did it without my help , asking and knowing the right questions and answers .

I give her a celebratory clap and she held a proud look on her beauti-- I mean normal looking face . 

I looked over at my time and saw that we had gone some time over working hours , I apologized for keeping her so late and allowed her to leave .

Just as she reached to the door she looked at me " Thank you for this Job Mr. James , I really appreciate it "

"No problem .... and oh Cylus when we are alone please do call me Stephen ."

She blushed a little before heading out . Feeling exhausted myself I packed up and went home .

******

While on my way home I noticed Cylus sitting with a drained expression at the bus stop . I planned on driving straight home but I guess plans changed when I saw her yawn and her eyes droop a little .

Not wanting her to fall asleep there or to be taken advantage of I pull up next to her and got out . " Get in the car !" was the only words I spoke before re-entering it myself .

At first she looked a little startled , then confusion took over her face.

" I am perfectly fine taking the bus home sir but thank you ."

Her polite rejection affected me a bit. Usually people would jump on the opportunity to be this close to me. I wanted to be annoyed and even angry but the nice manner in which Cylus declined my offer kept me from feeling that way

"Cylus get in. I am your boss and I'm doing a good deed by dropping you home. Please do not abuse my kindness. " I said sternly, feeling a little bad after for being so serious.

She opened her mouth to speak but my stern expression shut her up and she obeyed .

I side smirked as she entered my vehicle and froze at how nice it was , I had the same reaction when I first bought it .

A smart one she was , without having to ask she gave me her address . Ten minutes of pure awkward silence passed until we reached her apartment complex .

She muttered a soft thank you and just as she was about the exit I grabbed hold of her wrist , I instantly regretted it as it was rather improper.

She cautiously turned to face me , " Take the day off tomorrow ."

Probably too tired to complain she just nodded and I watched as she knocked on the door and not long after her friend opened up .

Seeing that she made it inside safety I roared my engine and sped off challenging the wind .