Chapter 1

"BOY get over here right now!" bellowed Vernon, his face rapidly darkening to an alarming shade of purple. Harry scrambled to his uncle's side. "Boy, we are going to the beach for Dudders birthday, Mrs. Figg is not available to watch you while we are gone and you will not stay here on your own so you will be coming with us."Harry was inwardly, very surprised but managed to reign in his emotions well for a seven year-old boy.

"What should I pack Uncle?" Harry asked quietly.

"You don't need anything. it is only a single say trip" Vernon replied.

Harry quickly finished the list of chores that he was given that had to be completed before they left the next morning and went to sleep, ready for the next day.

_ _ _ _ _ _

Harry rose with the sun like he did every morning. He turned on the small light bulb that was at the top of the small cupboard ceiling. Ignoring the pain in his back and shoulders from the beating that he got last night. He changed into a large tattered pair of Dudley's shorts and a dingy shirt. They were his best clothes at the moment. Harry quickly cleaned up his bed and waited until Petunia unlocked his door. That happened around six o'clock.

Harry came out of the cupboard quickly and he headed to the kitchen to make a breakfast that he would probably not get any of. As Harry finished making the bacon and eggs, dudley and Vernon came into the kitchen demanding food. He quickly gave them their plates and set to cleaning the dishes. All that Harry was given for breakfast was a stale piece of bread.

Soon, the Dursleys and Harry clambered into the car and drove off to the beach. With Harry in the back squished between Dudley and their beach bags.