Chapter 19

The rest of the week went by fairly quickly. On Saturday, Harry made his way back to the Founder's Den as he liked to call it.

Harry was looking through the books on the large shelves when he came across a book titled, The Art of Combat by Godric Gryffindor. Harry questioned him about it.

"Yes, I was one of the best non-magical duelers in my time. Once you are older, I will teach you. But for now, you must continue your studies."

Another book Harry found was written in a strange squiggly language. But as he stared at it long enough, the cover could be clearly read as, Parsel - A Guide to Snakes By Salazar Slytherin. Harry asked Salazar about the book.

"You clearly inherited the Ancient Tongue from the previous heir. You may read that book in a few months time, I may tell you the location of my secret chamber where some of my more informative books are kept."

"If we all want to teach our Heir our trades and tricks, I suggest that we begin to properly tutor him." Rowena interjected.

All of the Founders nodded in agreement. Soon after, they decided on a schedule. Harry would do his homework during his scheduled free period after his classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in the Den being offered extra help should he need it. In the time after that and before dinner, he would read or be taught what he would learn. And after dinner, he would practice it. He had Tuesdays and Thursdays off. The Founder's would alternate the lessons, depending on what they wished to teach him. The weekends were spent with his first mentor, Freya. It was a surprise when Harry found out that the Founders already knew her. ________________________________________________________

(Flashback)

It was only halfway through the week when Harry called Frey in the Den.

"So, this is the main Founder's room. It has a painting of all of them."

Frey turned quickly to face the portraits. Helga gasped, "Is it really, truly you Freya?"

"Yes, I was saved by Merlin and I became Lady of the Lake, as he sent me into the water. I believe that the same lake is the one that Hogwarts calls the Great Lake. I am a protector of water creatures and the descendants of Emrys."

"So, which is Harry?" Godric asked.

"That is up to Harry to tell you on his own terms."

The Founders all looked at Harry quizzically.

Harry silently judged them. They would be the first 'people' he told. Harry decided to tell them, It wasn't like they could betray the Heir.

"I am both actually. But, you will need to figure out what creature I am." With that said, Harry left the room letting Freya and the Founders have a few moments alone.

_________________--

I hope you enjoyed!

School will be starting up soon, I will try weekly updates but that may change. 

Poll: Who should be in Harry's immediate friend group?