Chapter 12

§This is parseltongue§

The wand shop was dusty and dim-lit. The dorr's bell rang and a woman of about thirty came out of a back room. Her curly red hair, pulled back into a ponytail. She smiled at Harry which did nothing to calm his nerves.

"Hello young man, My name is Juliet Wymer."

"Um, I need a second wand. Mr. Ollivander said to come here."

"Yes, yes, Follow me." She turned and headed in to one of the back rooms. Once Harry entered, he could feel the powerful magicks in that room. Juliet led his up to a wall that had rows upon rows of boxes. From what Harry could read, were full of wood.

"Ok, now come up to this wall wand imagine that feeling when you held your first wand."

Harry called upon his magic, closed his eyes, and reached out his hand. Two boxes slid off the shelves and landed at Harry's feet. He opened his eyes to see Juliet's impressed face. She picked up the boxes and took him to the opposite wall and had him do the same thing. Two jars jumped out and landed next to the wood boxes in Juliet's hands.

Juliet led Harry to a large table with many half finished wands laying on top with other boxes and jars. She put the boxes and jars in the center of the table and asked for Harry's hand. A small measuring tape appeared and started to take random measurements. Juliet wrote down some notes on a piece of parchment. After a few minutes, she nodded and turned to the boxes and jars. This is going to be one powerful wand.

Harry looked at the boxes curiously so Juliet decided to explain.

"You have dual cores and woods. Though one of the woods is just for the handle."

She pointed to the two boxes of wood, "This lighter one is called Aspen. It chooses wizards that are or are meant to be a strong duelist. This other wood did not call out to you as much. It probably has something to do with that odd thing that Ollivander sensed in you. It is called Silver Lime and chooses wizards that are skilled in mind magicks or are Seers. This wood has a weak pull to you, it will most likely grow as you age.

Now, these two cores are extremely rare themselves." She held up a jar of what looked like mercury. "This is freely given unicorn blood. This is a sign of purity and strength. It will be good for Charms" The other jar had something slightly familiar but, Harry couldn't put his finger on it. "This is kelpie hair. It is very difficult when choosing it's wizard but will stay true to you. It is good for Transfiguration." Harry widened his eyes, he had learned about rare magical creatures and had even met a few in his travels.

He watched as Juliet carefully construct the wand and realized that it was time for him to met back with Snape so he could take Harry home so he paid the price for the wand and a holster he decided to buy to keep his second wand hidden and quickly left the shop.

The empty feeling did not disappear by the time he arrived back at the Dursleys. Hali felt like he was missing a part of him. Azula curled up his arm and rested her head on his shoulder and licked his ear, §You smell different guppy, what is wrong?§. Hali did not know how to answer, he decided to call over Frey, maybe she would know what was wrong.

"Freya, I don't know what this feeling is. I don't think it's good. It's like i'm empty. It just sorta happened...Can you fix it?

Freya laughed, much to his frustration. "You are fine. Something that happens to almost all magical creatures just happened. I didn't tell you about it because it doesn't normally happen until you are older."

"So. what happened?"

"You found your mate."

"My what?"

"Your mate. Think of them as a part of your soul. Every part human magical creature has one. After you reach age 13, you will begin to feel a need to find them. This is so you can become acquainted with them before you turn seventeen, which is when you will want a closer connection with them. Then, on your 18 birthday, you will feel the urge to bond, this is sometimes just a kiss but if your mate wants it, it can become mating. After you bond, your strongest desire will be to keep your mate happy, healthy and safe."

"So I'm gonna marry her?"

"Yes, Hali. It may not seem like it now, but you will want to spend the rest of your life with her."

"Ok but, how do I know who my mate is? I only saw her hair color and that was for just a moment."

"They will have a certain smell to them. It will be comforting to you. It can even change over time."

"She smelled of the sea. So she will smell like that?"

"Yes, do you have any more questions?"

Hali was too shocked to think of anything else to ask about so he shook his head and stood to go and read his new books that were needed for school.

Azula curled around Hali's neck and would look at the pictures in the books. § Guppy, what is that?§

§ It's a kneazle, they are magical cats §

§ A cat! Don't ever get one of those ever! §

§ Look! It's you! §

§ It is a mermaid, and my hair is not that bad §

§ Yes it is guppy§

The two sat like this until Hali had read through all of his course books. They had a small meal of meat pie, Hali feeding Azula slowly because she was still young. They retreated to the large bed and Hali fell asleep, stroking Azula's scales and feathers.