Chapter 20

Artemis Delacroix was almost always with Harry. They would walk to the classes that they shared and would study together, when Harry wasn't in the Den.

She knew when Harry needed company or wanted to be alone. And listened when Harry was talking about something he was passionate about.

She was the first person to meet Azula. Arte loved to play with Azula. She would even bring her treats. Arte was quickly becoming Harry's first friend.

§Where is that girl? I want ice mice!§

§She was just here. She gave you like, six ice mice. You are going to get sick§

Azula liked her too.

__________________

Harry had just gotten used to the new flow of things. About two weeks into the school year, the teachers had learned that he was quite adept at magic. Sure, he got a few weird looks but he didn't mind.

It was Wednesday after double History, Harry was on his way to lunch. When the red-haired boy from the train confronted him.

"You said that you hadn't seen Harry Potter!" Weasley declared, while interrupting a conversation between Harry and Artemis.

Harry turned to face the boy. "Yes I did, because you are rude and annoying." he continued to walk towards the Great Hall.

___________________

Harry decided that he did not like most to the Weasley brood.

The youngest was annoying. Trying to get Harry's attention and then proceeding to make a fool of himself. The oldest, Percy who was a prefect with power gone to his head. He wasn't very sure about the twins yet. They were still possible allies. Nevertheless, Harry secretly "told" the Weasleys to ignore him unless he initiated contact.

Miss Granger suddenly came onto Harry's radar during the last week of September.

Harry was reading through a second year Charms textbook when she came up to his table in the library.

"Why are you reading that? It's advanced stuff that you wouldn't understand.Even I don't know that stuff yet and I'm the top of our year."

Harry rolled his eyes, "No, you're not. I am the top of our year, you aren't even at the top of your house." Harry stood and left the room to head the the Den. It was nice.

Halloween changed everything.

______________________

Sorry for the long wait for such a short chapter.