Chapter 34

It was nearing the end of the year. The last hurdle was now approaching, the final exams.

Sure, they didn't mean much the first year, but eventually, they would. Harry spent his extra time studying. On Tuesdays, he helped Neville. On Thursdays, he studied with a group of Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, some Slytherins joined too. On the other days, his extra training was exchanged for review and revision. It was tedious, all of that studying.

The written exams were quite easy. Especially after answering questions that the Founders had used on their exams when they taught as practice. The only downside was that the testing rooms were sweltering. It seemed to take its toll on many of the students, making them unable to focus. But, Harry had combatted it by using the meditation techniques he was taught in preparation for his animagus training that would take place over the summer holiday.

The practicals for Transfiguration and Charms were easy, true to the style of the classes. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuff box, Harry hoped he would get extra points for making the snuffbox designed in cats that looked like her animagus form. Flitwick had them make a pineapple tap-dance across a desk.

Professor Quirrell seemed preoccupied during the exams, his eyes taking on a reddish hue, and his stutter seemed more forced. He twitched and shook so much, it affected his casting. He was unable to correctly assist and direct during his practical. Harry could tell that most of the other students were hoping that he would just grade the written portion. It wasn't like he had taught them much over the course of the year anyways.

As soon as Blaise Zabini, the last person to take the practical finished, he Quirrell quickly dismissed all of them and seemed to bolt out of his classroom once everyone had left.

Harry was heading outside with Artemis, both of them finally finishing their exams for the year when Azula appeared from one of the tunnels Salazar had put in as his design piece.

§Fishy! The weird hat man is going to the forbidden hall.§

§Quirrell? What's he doing there?§

§He smelled of fear, of prey. But also of predator§

Artemis had finally caught on to Harry's conversation with Azula, she waited until it seemed the conversation had come to an end when she asked, "What's wrong Harr?"

"Well...It's kinda a long story."

"I'm listening,"

"So, you know how Quirrell is kinda..."

"Weird? Crazy? Mad?"

"Exactly, I've had Azula keep an eye on him and he seems to be...up to something"

"What type of something?"

"Apparently, he's in the third-floor corridor, the one Dumbledore warned us against at the beginning of the year."

"Ok, so, what do we do?"

"We aren't going to do anything, you are going to go back to my room, and to the Den like I showed you and wait there."

"But, I want to help."

"NO!"

"WHY NOT! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STAND AGAINST A FULLY TRAINED WIZARD!"

"I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT!" Harry's admission, made Arte freeze. She didn't want him to get hurt either.

"How about I go and tell Snape, you guys are friends...Right?"

"Yeah, thanks."

Harry and Azula made their way to one of the many secret passageways, quickly traveling to the third floor forbidden corridor.