Chapter 26

To Harry, having the gifts of a siren was pretty great. Sure, he had to have more control over both his magic and his emotions, but there were many positives. He could grow a tail, he was really powerful, and he could control people's minds.

_______________

Near the end of January, the twenty-first to be exact, things changed.

Harry spent the night, with a migrane that almost blinded him. The soft crackle of the fire seemed like fireworks. Just moving into a more comfortable position caused his stomach to lurch. He was cold, but the blanket was scratchy and too constricing.

Calling for Shia, almost made him lose his dinner. Seeing the state, his master was in, he decided to call Freya. Both him and Zazzy were taught how to do so incase of emergency.

Freya appeared, concerned. She knew that it was not Hali that called for her. She turned and saw that Hali had covered his eyes with one of his pillows to protect his eyes from the light that came from her figure.

"Hali, are you okay?" She asked

Her only response was a quiet whimper. She knew what was wrong. But didn't think it would effect him this much.

Freya turned to Shia, "Fill the bath with salt water, lukewarm please. Then, levitate him into it." Shia snapped his fingers, and did exactly as he was told.

Hali's restlessnes settled as the water covered his body. Freya grabbed the most gentle sponge in the bathroom, and started to wash Hali. She had to clean his hair multiple times, it was oily and matted.

As dawn broke, Hali breifley regianed consiousness. Freya explained the events that led to his sickness.

An oil spill, she said. In the Gulf of Mexico.

Hali didn't care, the few bites of toast he was able to eat had decided to make an apperance. The headache came back, full force. It was wishful thinking that he would be ready for classes on the coming Monday, two days from now. It could take month for an oil spill of this porportion to be cleaned enough for Hali to not have a splitting headache.