Chapter 32: The Itchy Namesake

"I don't remember that," I admitted, racking my brain trying to remember.

He grinned, "Don't worry, I remember everything and I plan on reminding you of everything constantly."

"Stop being cheesy," I slugged him in the arm, doing my best not to wince as he looked down as me amused and unaffected. "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

"Nope, you're stuck with me here, and you know what? After pouring my heart out to you, I feel like I need to change the subject." I did not like that look in his eyes, "Remember White Christmas?"

That boy, I swear sometimes he is the biggest ass I've ever met in my life.

Mary eventually joined us again, and Penn soon followed suit as soon as the lunch period began. Murphy and I sat opposite of each other at this point, partly because of Penn but mainly because he said I was heavy when he flew with me in his arms. Fun fact, I am not that heavy and he had super strength so even if I was a little loftier than I look, I'm still light as a feather to him. So anytime he got that look in his eyes, I swung my foot right at his shin, the same spot every time so it was starting to get sore for him.

We spent most of our day in and out of the study room until classes ended. My last class of the day was actually happening so Murphy agreed to meet me at my locker. I had to drop into the Advocate for some assignments and my paycheck. Murphy kindly agreed to drive me into the city. He even offered to get me some gelato, I've never tried it and he swears it's 'literally the best dessert in the world.'

I doubt it's going to beat ice cream, but he looked so excited that I agreed to try it out.

As the bell rang and the hallway crowds parted, I found Murphy sitting in front of my locker doodling away on his tablet. The scene was far from what I expected. It wasn't the cool and composed image of the bad boy leaning against the girl's locker looking defiantly yet managing to look so uninterested at the same time. Watching Murphy carefully drawing on his tablet, his attention focused solely on whatever he was doing on it, he looked oddly sweet.

I carefully walked over to my locker, though it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, Murphy seemed oblivious to the world around him.

Without warning, I said, "You are aware that I can't get to my locker with you sitting there like that, right?"

He shot up, fumbling his tablet a little in the process and dropping the stylist. He looked at me as I bent down to retrieve the little black stick, the tips of his eyes turning an almost indistinguishable shade of red. Almost indistinguishable.

He scrambled out of my way, watching as I switched out my books. "Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"I figured," My lip quirked up a little bit seeing him so flustered, what a reversal of roles. I slammed the locker door shut and turned to him, "So what exactly were you doing? I don't know many people brave enough to sprawl out in the hallway during the busiest time of the day."

He turned his back on my and stuffed the tablet back in his bag, "It's nothing."

"Seriously tell me, I promise not to laugh. Trust me," I held up three fingers in a mock salute, "Scout's honor."

"You're not a scout," He rolled his eyes and started for the door, leaving me to rush to his side. He slung his arm around me as we walked together, looking much more like his usual confident self, "But I promise to show you when I'm done. Hero's honor and I'm actually a hero so it means something."

"Shhh," I knocked into him, looking around to see if anyone noticed his little slip-up, "We are still at school moron."

"Come on, people here are clueless." I shot him a look but he just shook his head. "It's fine, come on. The sooner we get to the car, the sooner we get gelato."