Chapter 18

Jimin pov.

Aria became a small part of my life, she treated me like I was crazy though. And that helped somehow.

I talked about the bear as if she really was Alyson, and told Alyson's story through the bear.

I told Aria about the first time we met, our first kiss, our date, our second kiss. I described Alyson as the beautiful woman she was, and could have continued to be, if she hadn't died.

If she wasn't murdered.

"You look as if you're in pain Jimin" Aria said as I stared down at the bear, I was in pain, but it was a pain this woman wouldn't understand.

I lost her, I lost my true love and I had lost my best friend. I lost the person who understood me and I lost the only person who believed in me.

I'm nothing without her, just a empty shell of a man, who couldn't possibly love again.

"She died" I whispered and Aria leaned closer to me, unlike Alyson, it was a professional distance still. "Who died?" She whispered her question slowly, trying to ease the answer out of me.

"Alyson" I said to her but I never took my eyes off the bear in my hands, it had her eyes, a shinning copper brown with specks of gold. "No she didnt, she is right there, in your hands" Aria said with a slight giggle, she didn't understand the truth behind my words.

"Hey, wasn't your last doctor named Alyson too?" She asked, her eyebrows scrunching together as she looked at me. "Alyson died" I repeated, finally looking at the doctor, for the first time today.

She frowned at me harder, studying my face as if I was a book in a language she was desperately trying to understand, yet couldn't comprehend.

"The bear?" She asked nodding to herself, only for me to shake my head. "No, Dr. Alyson Jones died" I said clearly speaking out her name so that the doctor could understand, I felt as if I was communicating with a child.

Her eyebrows unhinged themselves from her eyes, and she actually had the guts to laugh at me. She opened her mouth and the sound of a dying cat came out, but I assume from the amused look on her face, that the dying cat sound was actually her laugh.

It made me realize how different this woman really was from my Alyson. From her clothes to her hair, all the way to her annoying laugh and clearly a lack of respect for the deceased.

"Get out" I growled at the woman, and that alone made her stop laughing. She face suddenly turned serious.

"Dr. Jones isn't dead, she's in a coma," Aria said and she stood up abruptly "and according to her doctor, who I just spoke to this morning, she is dreaming quite vividly"

Jennifer pov.

I stood at the side of Alyson's bed, staring at the girl I consider my best friend, well beside Haru, my dog.

Alyson's hair was all knotted and tangled, her makeup has already ran down her face and dried in streaks of black, and the parts that weren't covered in hair, makeup or drool, was covered in bruises.

The cut on her forehead was covered by a white bandage, with a red stain in the middle of it. Her left leg was wrapped up in a cast and elevated by two pillows.

She's been in a coma for at least a day and a half, and yet every minute I stare at her, I half expect her to open her eyes and give me that sweet smile of hers. But she doesnt. The only reminder that I have that she is still here, is the constant beep of the heart monitor.

A few months ago, if someone told me that I would have a mini heartattack every time a heart monitor beats faster, or slower. The doctors say that she is dreaming, everytime something happens, her heart rate would pick up or slow down.

The door opened slowly and a nurse peaked in hesitantly, "it's time to change her bandages" she said and I moved myself out of her way.

It was a different nurse everytime, but everyone was the same. They stared at Alyson lie she was a burden, Like she was never going to wake up. Once she changed the bandages, she immediately left and I reclaimed my spot on the chair.

When the door opened again, I was ready to bite someone's face off. I whipped around in my chair and opened my mouth to snap at the person, only for Kim Taehyung to be staring at me.

He was a glass of refreshing water for me, his eyes didn't hold sympathy or pity for Alyson. He didn't even look at her, he just set a bag of food down beside me, and offered me a smile. He offered me comfort.

"How are you?" He asked and I looked back at Alyson, "my friend is in a coma, and I'm just sitting here like a dodo bird not doing anything because I can't fucking do anything!" I yelled, the simple question bring on a waterfall of emotions.

I stood up, and turned to him, tears running down my face. "I can't help her, if I was there I could have helped her" I cried out as he wrapped his arms around me and we sank to the floor, both of us reduced to crying babies.

"If I was there-" I started to say again but he quieted me by petting the back of my hair, "if you were there, than that could be you in that bed" he said and I pulled back.

"Maybe that would have been better! She is so strong and perfect, she doesn't deserve this...she doesn't deserve this" I weeped in Taehyung's chest before I ran out of tears to cry.

I turned away and faced Alyson's bed, looking up slightly now that I was stationed on the ground. Taehyung looked up at her too and sighed.

"Well this sucks"