Chapter 24

Miriam pov.

Sirens went off around me as I over to the yellow warning police tape, a deputy lifting it for me and Estrella when we walked forward.

We had gotten the call early this morning, a body had been found in an alley, shot at least ten times, all in the face.

A early morning jogger had stumbled across the body when she took a wrong turn, the jogger stood out of view of the press that were yelling at us to make a statement.

Once we were in the deputies blocked the sight of the body, making sure that this person's's violent death wasn't placed on the front page of the next news article.

A thick gray tarp lay over the body, yet the blood still managed to seep through it. One of the spare deputies lifted the tarp for us and Estrella instantly grimaced. The person was shot enough times that there wasn't individual holes, just one huge one.

"Is there any way that we have a positive identification?" I asked and the deputies shook their heads.

"The face is too damaged to identify, we will have to wait for blood work" Deputy Austin said coving the body back up with the  tarp.

I looked around, someone must have seen something. I was looking around on the ground when Estrella tapped me and pointed up at the left building, a lone window sat there, a old woman staring out of it at us.

"She could have seen everything from right there" I muttered and both of us walked to t he front of the building, another grimace coming on when I read the shops name.

'Madame Harley; The Fortune Teller'

"Great our only possible witness is a nut job who thinks she sees the future" I grumbled before opening the door, my eyes instantly meeting the eyes of the old woman we were coming to see.

"Hello ma'am, we were wondering if-" I started but she put me off, "You want to know if I saw that poor woman get murdered".

Estrella tapped me, her shock on her face easily read by this 'Madame Harley'.

I wasn't impressed, we are detectives investigating a murder which happened next door, why else would we be here?

"Yes, what can you tell us?" I asked quickly, wanting to get this done and get out of here.

Madame Harley sighed at me, "I can tell you that there were two women in that alley last night, talking, then your victim came and interrupted them," Madame Harley said making wild hand gestures while speaking.

"Next thing I know the chick with the hood on pulls out a gun and unloads it into your victims face" she said and I glanced at Estrella.

"Did you happen to see their faces, or recognize the victim before she was shot?" Estrella asked and the woman shook her head no.

"But I did see the hooded one stop next to a silver car to slip on some, I think, red heels" she said and we nodded.

Suddenly the woman looked at me a smiled, "Congratulations on your engagement" she said before turning and walking away.

We both turned around and left, Estrella bouncing with excitement, "she is legit" she said and I snorted.

"Likely story" I said and she glanced at me with a smirk on her face. "Then how did she know about your engagement to Cole?" She asked and I held up my left hand, the diamond winking at her in the sun.

"Because I have the damn ring on, all that proves is that she can see"

                           Two days later
                          Alyson's pov.

The doctors cleared me enough to go back to the asylum, but only enough to do desk work. She didn't want to shock my body back into a coma because of all the movement and work.

I've also met the dreaded Aria August.

She took one look at me and stuck up her nose at me, refusing to look at meat first, but made sure to smirk at me as she walked into Jimin's room.

I rolled my eyes at her petty tactics, only for my eyes to land on a girl, about 5'2. She was gorgeous, it made me self conscious.

Her mocha skin matched with her red hair made her a head turner, her brown eyes dark with mystery. A beautiful bight smile on her lips, "Hello I'm Santi" she said and thats when I saw her outfit.

Patient robes.

The new intern, Dr. Lydia Martinez, ran over smiling. "I'm sorry Dr. Jones, she got away from me" Lydia laughed, her angelic laughter causing me to smile.

"Its alright Dr. Martinez, where were you transporting her to exactly?" I asked as she grabbed Santi's hand, the red head instantly swinging their hands back in forth.

"She was insisting that she sees her boyfriend-" Lydia started but Santi cut her off, "Kim Namjoon, have you see him?" Santi asked leaning on the counter.

"Last I heard, he was breaking doors" I said and Santi giggled slightly, "Thats my boy".

Lydia waved as she pulled Santi away from me, "Isn't it cute?," I heard and I saw Aria standing right behind me.

"Pardon?"

" patient to patient love, unlike you and Jimin," she said and walked closer to me,  "he is ill, sick in the head, but you messing with him makes you even sicker" she said before backing up.

"I sure do hope you can keep your job when Yoongi finds out" she said smirking, not noticing Yoongi right behind her, catching that last part of our conversation.

"Its Mr. Min to you, and find out what?" He said and Aria whipped around to look at him. He was staring her down, and all I did was stand there.

"Just that Alyson is going around kissing her patients" Aria said, making it sound like I'm whoring myself out to all the patients.

"The only patient Dr. Jones has is Park Jimin, and I'm fully aware of their relationship," he said and Aria's jaw dropped to the floor, mine following hers, before I composed myself and managed to pick it up.

"And since you love sticking your nose into everyones business, you will be permanently taking over Alyson's temporary desk job" he said and he turned to walk away, only for Aria to call out to her.

"Someone already works the counter, Janet Jackson, shouldn't she be taking over here?" Aria said hoping to get out of the boring desk work.

"Janet Jackson was shot to death two days ago"