Chapter 30

Alyson pov.

"Well isn't this a touching sight"

I broke free of Jimin's grasp, his eyes were shut closed tightly, looking down.

He was muttering to himself slightly, repeating the same words over and over again.

"She isn't real....she isn't real..."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and his eyes snapped open and his body visibly relaxed when he saw it was me, and not the monster behind me.

The monster that haunts him day and night, in his dreams and his nightmares.

She angered me, couldn't she see that he was upset, he didn't need her here messing with his head.

I turned around so that my back was to his chest and I leaned back, finding comfort in his immediate reaction to wrap his arms around me.

"Leave Mina, can't you see you're not wanted here?" I snapped, staring at the woman who brainwashed me for over a week while I was in my coma.

Jimin's arms tightened around me and he placed his chin in the crook of my neck, "You don't have to pretend to see her just to appease me" he said ruffling my hair a bit.

"She isn't pretending sweetheart"

Mina spoke again as she leaned up against the desk in the corner, the position making me snort lightly.

I mean imagine a woman with decomposed flesh and bugs crawling out of her nose wearing a torn and rotten dress, leaning up against a desk with her yellow teeth on display while she smirks at an adorable couple on the ground.

It's truly a hilarious sight in deed.

"No, I'm not pretending, she is leaning on your desk" I said and Jimin moved away from me slightly, when really all I wanted to do was be close with him.

"Since when did you start seeing Mina?" He asked turning me around slightly so he could see my face, "She pushed me down the stairs Jimin, she was the last thing I saw before slipping into the coma".

He stroked the back of my head slightly as we both moved our gazes over to her, but only mine stayed. Jimin returned his gaze to me, guilt swarming his vision.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, Mina always gets jealous over things she can't have"

Mina glared at Jimin, before straightening up and leaning towards us.

"She wouldn't have to go through any of this if you hadn't have let me drown" she said and I felt Jimin cringe, that was always a soft spot for him.

And now two people had used it against him in the span of two hours.

"He was just a child, you can't hold that against him forever" I said and she stared at me like I was crazy, "I wouldn't have to hold it against him if he had just saved me besides," she started before she began to pick at her dead black nails.

"You talk a lot for a person who just under an hour ago used it against him in a childish fit of rage"

Mina was always good with words and extremely good at making you feel like crap.

"You're right, it was a childish fit of rage, but at least I didn't actually mean it" I said and she raised her lips to snarl at me, and the best part of it is she knew I was telling the truth.

Mina and I held an intense staring contest for over a minute, before the door to Jimin's room opened and Jennifer marched in, not even bothering to knock.

Mina broke the staring between us and walked towards Jennifer, standing right in front of her, but Jennifer just looked right through her.

She didn't see Mina.

But Mina definitely saw Jennifer.

I wanted to reach out and drag Mina back to wherever she came from by her soaking wet floating hair but I couldn't do that in front of Jennifer, I couldn't even tell Mina to back away from her.

"Someone is here to see you Alyson" Jennifer said, looking right through Mina's boney chest and straight at me.

"Who?" I asked, the fear of Mina hurting Jennifer building up inside me as Mina circled the unaware girl like a predator would circle it's prey.

"Maybe I should push blondie here down the stairs next"

I struggled with the urge to respond to the comment Mina made, but I couldn't do that without making myself look crazy.

Am I crazy?

Or was I sane?

"Two detectives, they said something about a death of a woman named Mina Meyer" Jennifer said and Mina froze in her place, before looking over at us both on the floor.

"That's me"

I've never gotten up to met someone so fast.

                     Miriam pov.

I drummed my fingers on Alyson's desk, and stared at the picture of who I assume is Alyson and a beautiful Australian Shepherd.

Estrella and I were so busy trying to figure out who is close to Alyson that we weren't even informed that she had woken up, lousy work on our part.

The office door opened and a red head walked in, "Hello detectives, I'm Alyson Jones, how can I help you two?" The red head asked, as she sat down behind the desk that my fingers rest on.

"We were wondering about the body that you found, in Stonehaven lake" I said and Alyson suddenly lost her smile.

"Oh yes, that poor woman, did you ever figure out what happened?" She asked and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her, if we had then why would we be here.

"No, we haven't, we were wondering if you knew something about our victim, Mina Meyer" Estrella said and Alyson shook her head at us, telling us quickly that she didn't know anything about her.

She was lying.

"Are you sure you don't know anything?" I pushed and she looked slightly uncomfortable, she looked like she was about to explode, then suddenly her face when calm.

"Wait, I do remember something," she started and I glanced at Estrella, who for once had a serious face on.

"I heard some talk around town about a couple, Mina something and a guy named Brian, a drug power couple" Alyson said and I wrote down the boys name.

I stood up and gave Alyson a small smile before walking out, Estrella walking beside me.

"She is hiding something" I said once we were out of earshot, and Estrella just gave me a questioning look.

"And I'm going to find out what it is!" I exclaimed and Estrella's face morphed from relaxed to slightly annoyed before she spoke.

"Miriam, you sound crazy, perhaps you should book a room here"

------

A/n- I am honestly so proud of myself right now, I usually give up on stories after less than 10 chapters, but this chapter marks 30.

But that's all because of you, reading it.

I also would like to thank Jennifer, a hoe, for being bitchy and forcing me to continue this.

Thank you.