Chapter 35

(Still Flashback)

Alyson pov.

It was still weird to comfort a dead person, a certain dead person who pushed me down my stairs. But Mina has come so far, even though she still stares at me like she still wanted to kill me.

Mina nodded to herself, her floating hair waving around like a plastic bag caught in the wind. She started muttering slightly, "he won't get out.....he won't hurt them".

I gave Jimin a quick peck on the cheek before standing and brushing my hands down my formal pencil skirt and fixing my tangled hair, "I'll be back soon".

I didn't wait for them to reply, I just wanted out. The second I opened the door I heard footsteps quicken. I glanced down the hall to see the detective still walking down the hall, she should have been gone by now.

I started to follow her when Jennifer came up to me, I just grabbed her left hand and dragged her along with me. "What are we doing?" She asked as we creeped along behind Miriam, "following her, she should have been long gone by now but she is still here".

"Oh um okay? So what's the problem?" She asked and I realized how ridiculous I must look, tiptoeing behind someone who probably just walks slow.

"I don't know, after Lydia I guess I'm just really paranoid about people" I said and she nodded in understanding before she started to walk towards the entrance of the asylum, but before we could round the corner we heard some voices.

"This place has security cameras right?"

I grabbed Jennifer's hand and stopped her before peering around the bend, I knew that voice. It was Miriam.

"What now?" Jennifer asked, sounding a bit annoyed, "that's Miriam, the detective, if her investigation was over then why is she snooping around the camera footage?".

That shut her up really quick.

She peered around the corner too, before nodding to me, "we can be spies just this once".

I heard Miriam ask for a specific date and time before Jennifer whipped back and gasped quietly, "wasn't that the date of Lydia's suicide?", she didn't wait for me to answer before diving back into her spot and staring again.

I was about to call her dramatic when I realized what she said to me, hearing Lydia's name caused my brain to freeze and my heart beat to quicken. I still haven't gotten over my fear of red stilettos.

I didn't realize that Miriam had walked away and Jennifer was shaking me slightly. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked me and I nodded instantly even thought I only caught half of her question.

"Miriam saw it, she saw Lydia's death Aly, she looked happy" Jennifer said and slightly cringed. "She said something about making a case or something" I ignored her and marched over to Aria, the bitch didn't bother hiding her dislike for me.

"What was that all about? You playing buddy with all the detectives or just the crazy ones?" I asked and Aria played fake innocence, "I don't know what you're talking about~".

I rolled my eyes at her, why can't she just answer the question?

"But I can tell you that she was very interested in how you murdered Lydia"

The smug look on Aria's face made me want to smash her face onto her desk until it was just mush. I was about to very violently assault Aria when Jennifer stepped in, I thought she would defuse the situation but the did the exact opposite.

Jennifer punched Aria square in the nose.

"Cut the bullshit Aria" Jennifer snapped as Aria held her nose with both hands, my mouth dropped open and I stared at Jennifer in a new found light.

She was fucking scary.

Awesome, but scary.

"I think you broke my nose" Aria's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, my anger and curiosity kicked back in. "I'll ask you again, what was that all about? I know it wasn't just about Lydia" I asked, acting like I didn't just witness Jennifer level a girls face.

When she didn't answer I glanced at Jennifer and chuckled "I guess it's my turn" I said before raising my fist, only for Aria to jump back and start squealing like a pig.

"It was nothing, she just wanted to see the tapes!" She said covering her face.

Darn, I really wanted to hit her.

"Why, why would she want to see old tapes?" I asked, this wasn't making sense. The only thing on those tapes is Lydia dying.

"Because it sure as hell looked like you dropped Lydia off that roof" Aria said while blood ran out of her now, hopefully, broken nose.

I frowned slightly, I didn't drop her, she slipped. Was it my fault that Lydia is dead? I mean, I could have tried harder to pull her up. It was my attention she was trying to catch while climbing onto that ledge. Would she still be alive if I had just payed attention to her?

"Alyson, stop thinking about it. That wasn't your fault. She was the one who put herself on the ledge, not you" Jennifer said pulling me away from Aria, who was quietly cursing Jennifer as we walked away.

Before we could start back to Jimin, we heard my name being called. "Dr. Jones?" I turned around and it was the other detective, but I couldn't remember her name for some reason.

Maybe it was the fact that she wasn't trying to destroy my entire life.

"Oh detective-"

"Just call me Estrella"

I nodded slightly at her before the elevator beeped and Mr. Min walked out. His newly dyed mint hair bouncing slightly as he walked, the glasses perched on his nose made him look unusually cute.

He looked at all of us, eye lingering on Aria who still had blood all over her. He pinched the bridge of his nose slightly, "Aria, go clean yourself up. This is a professional business, there is no reason to be bleeding all over my marble counters" he said and I saw Estrella shift in her place as she stated at Yoongi.

He walked away from us, and Estrella let out a breath and looked at us with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Are all the men here hot as hell?"

-----------------------

Sorry about all the errors Kailee, I'm fluent in stupid, not english.