Chapter 3

Ren POV

"Getting so serious against children now? Aren't you embarrassed?" the blonde guy taunted.

"Dino-san!" Sawada exclaimed in relief.

"If you insist on continuing your tasteless little game, I'll take you on."

"VOIII!! I'd be fun to take you here and now, Buckling Broncho, but the brass won't like it if I take on the Family Alliance. So I'll go home quietly..." Superbi Squalo said faking a walk away, "There's no way I'd do that!"

He grabbed Sawada and Dino shouted, "Let go of Tsuna!"

He flicked his whip, but Squalo threw bombs causing a smoke screen. When the smoke disappeared, Dino came and asked, "Are you guys alright?"

"S-somehow." Tsuna replied stuttering.

"... Still as soft as ever, Bucking Bronco!" a voice called out of nowhere, "For your sake, I'll leave their lives in your hands. But I'll take these with me!"

Squalo showed the box and Basil screamed, "The Vongola rings!"

"Vongola rings?" Tsuna questioned.

'Vongola rings? What kind of brand is that? If they're worth that much, I want one too.'

Basil tried to pursue him, but the kid stopped him saying, "Pursuing him wouldn't be smart."

Tsuna questioned him, but the kid answered by saying that he can't because Squalo was a part of Vongola.

Dino picked up Basil saying that they should talk later and take care of the wounded first. Some of the people in the suits went over to Yamamoto and Gokudera to help them.

That was when he came over to me.

"What are you doing here, Nii-san? I thought that you were still overseas." I questioned ignoring the fact that there were others.

The others turned to the both of us when they heard what I said.

"Ahaha, you got me! I was planning to surprise you." he answered scratching his head in embarrassment.

"I'll defeat him the next time I see him!" Gokudera yelled out causing the attention to shift over.

"I'll explain everything to you when we get home." he whispered in my ear.

'Yeah, right. It'll probably be half true with some information left out.'

"Maybe he's still in the area." Yamamoto added.

"You two can go home." Reborn told them, "You must have realized it from the last fight. At your current level, you'll just be in the way. Let's go."

Reborn dragged Tsuna along with him after he made the other two realize their own roles.

~~~At home~~~

"Explain." I demanded.

"Ahh, well, my job requires me to travel with my boss everywhere and this time, he chose to come to Japan." he explained.

"Oh! I see!" I exclaimed.

'It's surprising how right I was. Man, I should know the truth, but I'll leave it at that. I can figure out the rest.'

"Oh, I have something to give you." he said to change the subject.

"What kind of gift?" I asked, suspicious.

He took out a medium sized box along with a lucky charm pouch and handed it to me. "Don't open it until it's the right time. Always keep it with you and don't let anyone get it."