Chapter Eight

Third POV

As Ryohei appeared on the the big screen, Ren fell asleep. The fight continued on without him. Tsuna had frozen Xanxus in ice.

"He's at the end of his vitality." Reborn said as Tsuna fell onto his knees.

Out of the smoke, the rest of Varia appeared and started attacking Tsuna, showing that they had the other rings except for the sky ring in Tsuna's hand.

Flames were flowing out from the rings. As Mammon moved closer to Xanxus, the flames started to melt the ice, freeing Xanxus. They gave the rings to Xanxus.

The rings started glowing as they were brought together. However, an unexpected event occurred. The rings had rejected Xanxus. He did not have the Blood of Vongola.

Squalo told everything he knew about Xanxus to him and everyone else listened. Mammon also explained that a force of 50 elite Varia members were on their way to cause trouble.

The Cervello turned off the infrared rays to allow Reborn and the others to help. Rei picked up Ren to take him to safety, but Reborn stopped them. Unfortunately, Mammon had altered them ahead of time, so they couldn't get out.

More Varia members started to appear. Lancia appeared after defeating the all the extra Varia. Mammon and Bel started to get flustered of not having back-up, so they surrendered.

The fight ended with the Cervello announcing Varia's disqualification and Tsuna's win.

Ren's POV

Rushing to school, I almost ran into many things, but avoided them in time. I was a day late to the meetings and activities.

When I opened the door to the club room, everyone looked over at me like someone they didn't know.

"You're late, Ren." The club president said to me.

"I couldn't find the swords we were looking for." I stated.

"That's still no reason to miss the meeting." She replied.

"Hehe, sorry." I answered.

"Okay, Let's start the meeting now." the vice president started.

~~~Time skip~~~

The meeting ended. We moved over to the auditorium and started painting the set.

After we finished painting the set, they took my measurements for the costume.

When they were done, Prez gave me the script she was talking about during the meeting.

I flipped through the pages and we started doing a run-through of the play.

After 3 ½ hours of practicing the script, everyone started heading home. On the way, I practiced acting out one of the scenes I had.

"Stop right there, you thieves!" I yelled turning to the right while pointing my finger.

Unexpectedly, I saw Tsuna and a glowing person looking at me surprised from inside the cemetery.

"Haha, sorry." I said as I jumped over the bushes.

When I got to them, they had already forgotten that I was there. So, I decided to do something that people normally wouldn't do.

I stuck my arm out into the glowing person's body and it went through like I thought it would.

"Whoa! This so cool! Is this a trick or something?!" I asked, amazed.

I heard footsteps coming closer. The person who just barely came looked identical to the glowing person.

"Adult Lambo?!" Tsuna yelled, looking at the two surprised.

"Isn't it obvious that one of them is fake?" I intercepted smiling, "Personally, I think it's the glowing one."

"Then, who's this?" Tsuna asked.

Fake Lambo grabbed Tsuna's arm. "Fomt get in my way. I'll take care of you guys next."

"W-What are you saying?" Tsuna asked.

"I'm going to take you to the world after death." Fake answered.

"World after death?" Tsuna looked down and noticed that he had no legs.

The gate began to open. Fake started to drag Tsuna into the purple gate. Lambo backed away and was suddenly charged with electricity.

He charged at Fake and it hit him. But it only powered him up more. Fake started to drag Lambo along with Tsuna into the gate.

On instinct, I grabbed both of them arms and started pulling.

"You're in the way, Tsuna." A woman with maroon hair came running towards us.

'Is that cake? It looks good except for the dark aura.'

She jumped towards Fake and Lambo and put the cakes into their faces. "Poison cooking! Disperse!"

They collapsed and Fake faded away.

'Oh! An exorcist.'

Pink smoke appeared and a small child appeared in place of Lambo.

Reborn appeared along with other people.

After they ran away from the floating objects, Reborn looked at me. "Ciaossu."

"Hello." I greeted back.

"Who are you?" He asked me.

'Don't you already know me?'

"Subaru Ren, a middle schooler at Namimori." I answered. "You?"

"I'm Reborn. Tsuna's hitman tutor." Reborn answered back.

"A hitman huh..." I mused. "Then, Sawada and the other people are hitmen-in-training? Is that why strangers attacked some of the students and there are battles for these special rings inside the school grounds?"

"Correct." Reborn answered.

Third POV

Reborn looked at the teen.

'He seems perceptive. Tsuna and the others didn't notice him when Mukuro appeared and during the ring battles. He would make a good addition to the family.'

"Join Tsuna's family." Reborn offered.

"Family?" Ren questioned.

'What does he mean by that?'

Ring~Ring~

Ren's phone rang.

"Excuse me." Ren excused himself, walking a few feet away to take the call. "Hello?"

Rei's voice answered through the phone. "Ren, when are you coming home?"

"I'm on my way." He replied.

Ren turned to face Reborn. "Sorry, I have to head home now. My brother's expecting me. As for your offer, I'm going to have to decline."

'I don't want to get involved in this mess.'

Ren walked away before Reborn could reply.

~~~Omake~~~

Reborn POV

I watched him walk away.

"Are you going to make that dull boy join?" Bianchi questioned.

"Subaru Ren. Rank 2 out of 12 in Strongest in Namimori Junior High. Rank 20 out of 872 in Intelligence. Rank 32 out of 83,388 in Fight power. Rank 10 out of 38188 in acting." Fuuta ranked.

'His numbers are high. A good addition into the family.'