twenty-ninth

Jungkook and I were walking home together in the afternoon. We had just came back from a quick trip to the grocery store. Because my 'family' was coming over for dinner. I didn't know why but my father said that he had to say something important.

Flashback:

I heard my phone ring from my table as I hurriedly took it. I checked who the caller was and it was my father. I answered it as soon as I read the caller id. It's been quite a long time since I've talked to my father. He was often busy with stuff in the company.

" Hey, sweetie! How are you? " He greeted happily. I smiled after I heard his voice. " Dad! I missed you! I'm great, how about you? " I responded, I could hear him chuckle through the phone.

" I'm fine, sweetie. Just a bit tired and stressed out. But I am coming over tonight, is that okay with you? " After hearing him say that I didn't hesitate to say, " Of course you can! You're always welcome. " I smiled.

" Your mom is coming over, too. And your step sister. " My smile faded after I heard him say these words. He knew about her daughter? But how?

" Sweetie? You still there? " I snapped and quickly thought of an excuse. " O-oh I'm sorry, I was looking for my notebook? " I tried my best to make up an excuse, but I mentally cursed to myself because of how dumb I was. Like, what kind of excuse is that??

" That sounded more like a question. But okay, we'll see you tonight. " He said and we bid our goodbyes. I sighed when I immediately thought of Jungkook. They would probably not approve of Jungkook. I have to keep our relationship a secret for a while.

End of Flashback

I was infront of my door with Jungkook while he was carrying the bags full of ingredients. I was looking for my keys but I couldn't find them.

" Are you sure it isn't there, Jagiya? " Jungkook asked. As soon as he did, the door opened.

" M-mom? I thought you weren't gonna be here until tonight? " I asked as I was shocked. " We decided to come a bit earlier. And who is this? Did he call you Jagiya? " She said angrily. Oh no.

I was gonna answer back when someone shouted from the back. " Mom, sorry I'm late! There was traffic and- Jungkook? " Jungkook and I looked back and I saw Jungkook with a shocked expression.

" Grace? "