thirty-third

I was seated on the couch while both my parents were still scolding me. After which felt like forever, someone came in the house. It was Grace.

" I've arrived. I'm sorry, I had a chat with Jungkook. " She said and I suddenly felt angry. " Jungkook? Was he the boy from earlier? " My step mom asked and she nodded. " Did you know that Mina and that boy was dating? " My father said and I glanced at Grace. She pretended to be shocked. I couldn't believe that my parents actually believed that.

" Oh my gosh, I didn't know. " She said and while my parents were glaring at me, I saw her smirk at the corner of my eye. " You should be more like your step sister, Mina. She focuses on her studies. " My father said and I just wanted to slap their disgusting faces.

--

I was lying down on bed and I couldn't sleep. They decided to stay over until we'd leave for the States. We were leaving in a week. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't even contact Jungkook because my phone was confiscated.

Life's just great. They're forcing me to break up with Jungkook, and I agreed. Because if I didn't, there would be consequences. I was sick of it, I was sick of everything. It wasn't like I had a choice anyway, I needed to protect Jungkook. He shouldn't be involved in this mess. This mess that I started.

--

The next day, I tried my best to avoid Jungkook. And I successfully did, not until after school. Obviously we'd bump into each other because we live in the same neighborhood.

I tried to run away from him, but he grabbed my wrist before I could go any further. " Why are you trying to avoid me? Is there something wrong? " He said worriedly as he cupped my cheek with one of his hands, while his other hand was holding mine.

" L-let's end this. " I said while looking down. I bit my lip to prevent the tears from falling. " W-what? Is this because of your parents? " He asked and I could clearly hear his voice shaking. " No, Jungkook. This was my decision. So, let's forget about everything and break up. " I said finally having the courage to look at his face.

He was crying. My heart ached. I tried to walk away but he held onto my wrist again. " No, Mina. Let's talk about this. Please, I love you. " As he said those three words, I wanted to forget about everything and run to him. But I can't.

" Jungkook. I never loved you. I realized this from the beginning. " I said as I walked away.

Please, stop me from doing this. Jungkook, please. He didn't stop me. Please fight for me, for us.

--

a/n: hiiii, so im vv sorry if my chapters are very short. but just to remind u guys that im still very new to writing, that's the reason why last text was a short story in the first place.

but i sweaaaar that i will edit this book once i finish publishing it and when ive gotten a bit used to writing, so that id make much more longer chapters lol.

my story is pretty predictable tbvh, but thanks for reading anyways! :)))))