Prologue + A/N

Resignation hung in their heavy shoulders and sagging heads, and Nico knew in his heart that all seven of the men before him prepared to accept their fate. They just couldn't bring themselves to say it aloud.

Rain crashed against the glass ceiling, thunderous and unyielding. An occasional flash of lightning painted the room white. When that white disappeared, the shadows writhing in the corners of the room grew livelier, darker.

They were running out of time. He was running out of time, and the longer he remained in this rotting place, more anxiety piled onto his shoulders. 

Nico would not allow himself to give up, would not allow the others to give up. This was not just about returning to their realm, no. It was bigger than that. Nico refused to give them up.

This was about keeping them alive.

So, the young man pivoted on his heel and left the room, not sparing the others a glance. 

If he could help it, it would not end this way. He would hunt again.

:::

(A/N) Beautiful reader,

In celebration of BTS's amazing Love Yourself:Tear album and their second win at the BBMA's, I just HAD to go with my gut and write a fanfic (which I convinced myself I'd never do).

And since Tear is so much darker, it gave me the perfect excuse to make them demon princes (because why not?). I hope you're able to read and enjoy! I just have a few notes below.

- Grey, our leading lady, is totally a self-insert character! I just had to give her a name and I don't like writing in 2nd person, so it sounds like she's real. But no, there's no celeb replacement. Just you! 

- This story may contain mature themes (battle scenes, sprinkles of profanity, etc.) and in no way does this reflect the band. I really want to emphasize the FICTION in fanfic :)

- You don't have to vote, your read is enough! Voting is just an extra cherry on top for me as your writer... it lets me know that you're really enjoying yourself... it's nice to have (like a really cool high-five) but not mandatory

- This story takes place in Seoul. I've made up fake place names just to give you guys a reference. I won't pretend like I know any bits of Korean language or what's actually in the city... A) I've never been, B) I don't want to seem culturally insensitive, C) I ain't getting roasted... 

- If you comment your ship, you may see your bias get picked! Now, there's no promises, but I like to hear from ARMY and I'm still outlining my chapters. Anything can change at any minute. LET THE SHIPPING WARS BEGIN.

Thank you for reading again,

M