52: Suffer The Consequences

Kim Seokjin ran to the railing

Grey's body was not on the ground. He bent further over the rail to see if she fell on the first floor. No trace of her there either.

He stumbled back, absolutely sick to his stomach. His mind zoomed faster than he could control, all of the panicking and bewilderment geared towards what he should do.

It physically disgusted him, this sensation. This accelerated heartbeat. This overindulgence in someone other than himself. The inside of his body felt enflamed. Sweat dripped down his brow, but no matter how much he tried to think of shadows to cool him off, he could barely do that.

Seokjin clutched his chest, the sudden pain there tearing him apart.

She stained the insides of his eyelids. Her lovely hair waving through the wind, her eyes pouring so much genuine concern into him that he had no choice but to confront it. He wished he could flip the Earth upside down so that she could fall towards him. And he would catch her, and... he didn't know what else.

The largest black wings he'd ever seen blocked the moon. Jin's jaw dropped as he spotted Hoseok, and the girl that wrapped her arms about his neck. A warrior soaring into battle, she said something into the Raven's ear. His black wings angled just enough for the wind to bring him in a perfect circle around the perimeter of the Eiffel.

Grey's command shattered the sky. "NOW!"

Seokjin heard the grating noise before he saw the source.

Jungkook slid down the Tower's edge by his boots, black sweatshirt bracing his arm against the bars behind him for traction. Jimin slid down the other edge, black blazer fanning in the wind. The Ripper drew his canines, hissing at Jin. They landed on the platform with a thud.

The doors to the second lift--the lift Grey didn't use--flew open. Nico held a ball of lightning in his palms.

Taehyung pulled himself over the second floor's railing with one arm, horns drawn.

Seokjin frowned at Jungkook and the Beast before him. He turned only to find Nico and Jimin--and Yoongi glowering at his other side. The Wraith kicked his knee, grabbing hold of his hair as he fell to the floor. Yoongi yanked his head in the direction of the Second King.

Jin snarled, facing Nico. But Nico stepped out of the way to make room for Vanity, who stood with both hands behind her back. Before he could so much as make a sound, two hands seemed to enter through his eyes into his brain.

"Sleep," said the Queen. Jin's eyes rolled to the back of his head.

Nico continued to build his lightning, the subtle buzzing loud enough to reach Taehyung's ears even though he stood at the farthest corner. The Second King glanced at the wolf. "Keep an eye on Hoseok!"

Taehyung growled, whipping towards the railing.

Jungkook asked, "How much longer?"

"There's so much hellfire," Vanity said. Her eyes were glazed over, as still and luminescent as the moon. "I'm extracting as much as I can, but I can't absorb it all. Solis put it in his heart."