xvii.

Anonymous POV.

Plans were in motion.

Best trackers and high leveled wolves were put on task to find the rogue, half on foot, the other in their wolf form. While the human formed ones roamed the intricate town, not raising suspicion whatsoever, the others roamed the various woods that they had surrounding the small town. 

Garret and his father roamed on foot together, partnering up with one another to prove each other wrong. Garret still held true to the fact that there wasn't a rogue because he would've felt it along with his pack, but yet when his father gets here that's all he can feel. It didn't make sense. No ounce of distraction can make someone not feel someone crossing the border, it would've shifted the atmosphere. 

But nonetheless, to get his father off his back, he engaged with the search. Throughout the pack mind link, everyone was saying that they haven't spotted or smelt anything and that it was a waste of time. Obviously, Darryl had his barriers up because he remained quiet and to himself. He was so sure of himself, having carried this pack for years and have been on this said territory for the majority of his life. 

As they roamed the town, no scent was picked up and the pack was growing irritable. Garret was soon to call off the hunt but Darryl made one last stop in a small diner before the hunt was over. It was a small diner that was always crowded with people. At this moment that was hours after the lunch rush and was about to transition into dinner, the diner was idle. 

With walking in, there was a feeling that came over Garret. He suddenly became warm and his insides began to churn, not in an uncomfortable state but one that made him think of butterflies. Like he was working up the courage to talk to his latest crush which had never been the case for him. Having looked over at his father, he noticed that his father didn't share this feeling which made him confused. 

Before voicing his opinion, the boss of the diner walked out looking tired but having plastered a smile on her face nevertheless. Her stature read exhaustion but having the company that had walked in, she was surprised and delighted. 

"Darryl Johnson," she says grinning. "What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Just out and about with my son," he says vaguely. "Thought I'd stop by and see my first love."

This didn't surprise Garret. Everyone in town knew that Darryl and Rhoda were high school sweethearts. Those who knew about werewolves believed that they were destined to be soulmates. But when Darryl turned sixteen and no sign of the mate bond came from Rhoda, he was seemingly disappointed and vowed that the Luna had made a mistake and that Rhoda was destined to be with him whether it was true or not. 

But as time went on and they continued to date, Rhoda eventually went away for travel. One of her dreams was to see the world and interact with different people of different cultures. While Rhoda and Darryl dated they had told each other that they would travel the world together, that much in love that they wanted to spend every ounce of time with each other. But when it came time for Rhoda to leave, Darryl was given the responsibility of his alpha duties and couldn't leave.

Rhoda didn't know about the life of lycanthropy and soon left heartbroken and upset, saying that maybe the separation is what they needed. And how true she was. When having gotten to England she met Cyrus who she vowed not fall in love with but seemingly did so because of his charm and his love to cook. One way into a woman's heart was through her stomach and he practically fed her into loving him and she never regretted it. 

On Darryl's end, he had found his mate within the year of being broken up. Though he felt guilty, the bond of his mate and him overcame that feeling and made him happy. And when Rhoda returned after five years of being away, two of them traveling, three of which she stayed in London with Cyrus, she returned married to the chef himself.