xviii.

Emerald's POV.

They had caught onto me. 

I knew it was a matter of time but it still surprised me nonetheless. 

I had become comfortable here and believed that no one could possibly know now that it had been so long since I've arrived. 

Oh, how I was wrong. 

I had stayed in the back while they spoke to Rhoda. Being in the locker room made me believe that Rhoda didn't know that I was there so when she answered about someone being new she wasn't particularly lying. But something felt that she was hiding me, which I was thankful for but also confused about. 

Having left magically to avoid being seen by the Alpha and his son, I was here in my apartment, freaking out. What was I going to do? I couldn't stay here, could I? They were onto me and it would be a matter of time before they scoped me out. I couldn't risk that. I was a rare breed as well as a witch, the repercussions of my capture could be gruesome and something I couldn't bare after what my brothers did. 

It didn't matter if I could fend them off. If I got captured and then eventually got away from fighting back, a warrant for me would be leaked out. And since people didn't even know of my existence it would be a wild goose chase. One that I wouldn't appreciate because it would be that much harder for me. 

Deciding on leaving, once again, I scratch my scalp while making my way to my bedroom. As I leaned down underneath the bed, I began to get a headache that caused me to stand back up. Rubbing my temple, I groaned softly, wondering where it came from. 

Suddenly feeling dizzy, I felt my back hit the bed and I was soon only seeing black. 

. . .

"Emerald... Emerald."

I heard the voice before I got my bearings.

Before I could even open my eyes to figure out who the voice was, I knew off the bat. The way the voice rang in my ears and how safe I felt even though I wasn't sure where I was or what happened for me to end up here. I welcomed it. 

"Σελήνη (Luna)," I say before I even opened my eyes. I sighed, opening my eyes slowly, not even having to adjust to the burst of light that didn't seem blinding this time like it did before. "What am I doing back here?" I questioned. "I didn't die this time."

"No you didn't, but you're here because I'm warning you."

"About being found out, I know," I say. "I was currently packing my things before... this."

"I know and that's why I stopped you. You can't leave."

"Excuse me?" I say, getting up from my laying position. "I'm not stupid, I'm on one of the best pack territories in the United States. It was a miracle that I wasn't sought out earlier than my six months of being there but now they know I'm there and I have to leave... Why would you want me to stay?" She doesn't respond right away. I sigh and close my eyes. "The prophecy."

"Yes."

"Can you-"

"You know I can't."

I sigh again, a little bit more heavily this time. "This prophecy talk is getting on my nerves."

"It's been on your nerves since I brought to your attention." Couldn't disagree there. "Just know that no harm will come to you, not on my watch."

"Or mine," says Venus who magically appeared.

"What are you-"

"She didn't get an invite to the family reunion?" I asked, faking shock. "Surprising."

"How are you, my dear?" Venus asks, brushing my hair back as she kisses my forehead. 

"How I am every time we have these pow-ows," I say. "Frustrated, confused, and in dire need of a nap."

Venus chuckles. "She's being sought out?" she confirms with Luna, earning a nod. "No harm will come to you."

"So I've been told. I can' t help but fear though because you said I'd be back here to make my final decision."

"Though that is true, you won't be back here for that purpose of being sought out. We promise you."

"But yet you can't be any vaguer." They both chuckled, knowing that it was annoying me knowing they couldn't reveal anything else. "Alright, so we're good here?"

"We know it's confusing and we know it's frustrating you. But it will all be worth it in the end."

I stood up and looked at them both, not knowing what else to say that didn't express frustration. I'm sure they could see at this point, one with my aura and second with my lack of compassion at this moment in time. I've had enough and was ready to go home and stop this packing that I no longer had to do. 

"Bring me back please," I say. 

They sigh and with a snap of the finger, I was back in Texas, lying on the bed. I sighed as I stopped the packing with a flick of my wrist and had them reverse back into the wall. 

Well.

Here goes nothing.

MaskedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara