xxxv.

xxxv. Emerald's POV

"What do you mean Garret?" Mr. Johnson asked. 

He looked over at me, meeting my gaze. Nodding my head in agreement of letting his father know, Garret responds. "Her brothers locked her away after her parent's death. They blamed her for it and abused her for nine years..."

Garret continued with everything. With my wolf not being very present, with me dying and coming back to life. Even with the visit of Luna and Venus. Mr. Johnson remained neutral throughout the explanation. I didn't know whether he believed it or not but he made no move to call me crazy and his son stupid for believing me.

When it was all said and done, Mr. Johnson settled in the love seat, deep in thought. While he was silent, Garret turned to me again. 

"Are you alright?" he questioned softly. 

"I'm fine," I say softly. 

"I'm your mate," he states. "You're not fine."

"I've had to relive the worst days of my life two days in a row," I state. "I'm doing a lot better than what's expected."

He sighs as he leans his forehead to the side of my head. His warmth campused around me and made me feel safe. 

"So you have no idea what this prophecy is," Mr. Johnson states after a minute. 

"No," I answer softly. 

"Do you believe her?" Garret asks. I caught on how he was shocked at how quick his father was accepting of my news. 

"There is no doubt in my mind about what you've told me. She's powerful and since she is your mate, she needs protection."

"What do you suggest?" I question, already knowing the answer but I wanted him to say it. 

"You move in the Alpha house where you can be protected from whatever harm may come to you."

With the tone he used, I knew this was final and that I had no room to fight him. I looked over at Garret who was already looking at me for my response. 

"Are you ready for that?" I question lightheartedly. 

He grinned. "Been waiting on you."

(A/N:

Apologies for how long it has taken me. I have recently started school and sophomore year of college is no joke. I hope you're enjoying the book so far and will continue to stick with me and Masked because I have a lot of good ideas for it, just not a whole lot of time to execute it. 

xoxo

P&V)