xxxvii.

Emerald's POV

We finally began to drive up the driveway to the Alpha house. 

Having reached the pack's housing territory, I noticed just how different their living situations were from mine back home. Their houses were more secluded, no one would think of coming this far to see if someone lived here. It was practically in the middle of nowhere. 

At first, arriving, I was met by iron gates that read Knights. At the moment of Garret's truck pulling up, they opened. He continued to drive in through this secluded like forest until, after what felt like a mile, it began to clear into houses. Plenty of them. 

They weren't overly gigantic but they weren't small either. Between each house was at least a quarter mile. They were spread out tastefully but the fact that was so many and continued to be so many left me awestruck. 

He continued to drive, driving past more and more of these houses. From what I could gather with people outside of their homes was that they belonged to families who had had children. Obviously, they believed in letting people who had kids have their own home instead of living in the pack house. For that I was impressed. 

And before we finally drove up the Alpha house's driveway, we passed by the biggest home that was definitely a mile away from Garret's. It looked to have three stories, no doubt a basement. It was placed smack in the middle of this "neighborhood" I guess you could call it... I'd be more so say a village but interpret that how you will.

And then there was his. 

It was a mile behind the pack house, back to being a little bit more secluded by the trees. The driveway felt like it went on forever. But when I finally saw it, I was left breathless.

It was huge.

Not pack house huge but big. 

You could easily fit three or four of the residential houses into this place. I wasn't sure how he and his family of only two other people could fit into a place like this, why they needed this much space. 

But it was beautiful, in every sense of the word. 

Not having taken my eyes of this house since I first saw it, I suddenly feel Garret come closer to me. 

"Welcome home," he said in a hushed tone. 

Fightingly tearing my eyes away from the house, my eyes met his dancing green ones. It was clear of the excitement radiating off him, it soon bringing a smile to my face. 

"You are my home," I whisper, leaning my forehead against his. 

He pecked my lips and though I would've liked to stay in this moment for a bit longer, we soon got out of the car. As I was stepping down on to the stone pavement, I soon turned and was nearly scared to death by a figure standing next to me. 

Having not seen him approach, nor hear him, I was a bit shocked. 

"Luna," he exclaims, bowing. 

I looked at him weirdly. "Uh..."

"Berny, you'll frighten her," Garret says, coming up next to me chuckling. 

"My apologies," he says with a playful smirk. His British accent was alluring but what made me confused was his aura. 

"Um... you're a..."

"Vampire?" he finishes. "Yes indeed, glad to make your acquaintance."

He brings his hand forward, beckoning for mine, and against my better judgment, I place my hand into his cold one. The coldness didn't shock me as I had expected it. He brings my hand towards his mouth and kisses the back of it, lingering there for a moment.

"When you're done," Garret interrupts. "Her bags are waiting."

"Up to your room I presume?" he, Berny, questions, quickly standing straight.

Garret nods and soon Berny is in the trunk getting my bags and making his way inside. I was still taken aback over the fact that Garret had a vampire working for him and he knew. It was no secret that vampires and werewolves weren't the best of friends, regardless of what Twilight might say. 

Our rivalry had dated back centuries. Alliances were never made, only for us to stay clear of one another. So imagine my surprise that one is seemingly working for one of the notorious werewolf packs in the nation. 

"Is this something you will explain to me later?" I question, turning to Garret once I was out of my trance. 

"Yes," he responds truthfully, bringing me into him. "You've told me your life, I will return the favor in due time."

"Is there anything else I should know before I further embarrass myself?"

He chuckles, taking a piece of my hair in his hand and wrapping it around his index finger. "You didn't embarrass yourself," he says softly. "But I do believe my brother will be here soon so-"

"Your brother," I exclaim. "You've never mentioned a brother."

"Well, he doesn't come around often. News traveled fast that you were coming and his nosy ass wanted to see what it was all about."

"Who else knows about me being here?"

"Oh babe," he says. "Everyone in the pack knows."