xlvi.

xlvi. Emerald's POV

After talking to one another for what felt like hours and finishing our ice creams, I had Adam show me the way to Garret's office. I had yet to be in the room, never remembering where it was and just out of some fear of getting lost. Bidding me goodnight after he took me to the door, he went to, what I assumed, was his room down the hall. 

Raising my fist to knock on the door, Garret beats me to the punch-

"Don't you dare knock," he says instantly. 

Opening the door, I pop my head in to see him at his desk, facing me. He was writing down something and didn't have his sole focus on me but I knew he heard me enter. 

"How'd you know?" I question playfully. 

"I heard you walk up with Adam," he explained. "You don't ever need to knock, this home is yours just as it is mine."

Walking further inside, closing the door behind me, I made my way to the seat in front of his desk. "I didn't want to invade your privacy, figured you were doing something important."

"You could never invade my privacy," he says simply, still writing. 

"Because I'm your mate?"

"Exactly."

Chuckling to myself, I look around his office. There were bookshelves that littered practically the entire left wall. More books. On the right wall held pictures of the current family as well as paintings of his ancestors. You could tell how old they were yet how well they were kept. 

This whole room felt to be decades old but revolutionized in its own way. Behind him, against the wall full of windows, was another desk that held his Mac computer and other miscellaneous things. 

Much to my surprise, he was very well organized. More organized than me in fact. I shouldn't be as surprised as I am because he always came off to me as someone who was tidy. They way he kept himself up so well and always looked his best was a dead giveaway, but his office? It was very well kept. 

Finally looking at him again, I already see his stare on me. 

"How you feeling?" he questioned softly. 

I shrugged my shoulders softly. "I feel fine. Cooking really cleared my mind earlier."

"What drove you to cook?" 

I had realized that I hadn't yet mentioned to him the findings I had made on Adam, not yet having the time. 

"When I shook your brother's hand, and he kissed it- which, by the way, is very weird to me."

"Men in this house seem to have a fascination with your hand," he says, not minding the random topic change for a second. 

"That sounded more sexual than it needed to be but I'm going to let it slide." A mischief twinkle went across his eyes and I rolled my eyes jokingly. "But, I saw something."

"Like... a premonition?" he questions. 

"No... it was nothing bad. Not in a sense that he'd do anything to me. But it was just a glimpse of a moment he had with someone."

"Do you know who?"

I nodded my head. "It was actually three people."

"Okay..."

"They were my brothers."

I didn't have to look at him to know that Thadus had instantly heard it and wanted to take control. It had been a minute since he had, so something like this could easily take him over the edge. I could feel his eyes instantly change to the deep red ones that, I'll admit, I've missed. I could feel Lillian begin to feel softly bothered by this. Whenever Thadus made an appearance, she instantly came out, as much as she could, liking him near. 

He instantly got up out of his desk chair and made his way towards me. I could feel his powerful aura surrounding him, penetrating off him and making Lillian and I squirm. I could tell she was getting sexually bothered by it. We hadn't yet mated, the sexual tension was extreme at times. 

Squatting down to my level, he took my cheek into his warm palm, making me look at him and into his red eyes. I bit my bottom lip, trying to keep composure while Lillian fought for dominance. 

"This is supposed to be a serious conversation," I whispered, knowing he heard me. 

"It is," he said deeply, making my insides boil and visibly shake. 

"Do you know what you're doing to me?" I question, looking in his eyes fully. I could feel mine change from my brown to electric blue and back again. 

He smirked at the realization. "You'll be mine eventually."

"Imposing minds..." I begin, inching to the edge of my seat, him in between my legs. "Would like to know when."

I whispered the last part in his ear, having my fingers playfully run up his chest. I hear his deep sighs as he tries to remain in control, his soft growling made my body even warmer. 

"Mon cheri," he says deeply. 

"If you wish for this to stop," I begin. "You're talking to the wrong one."

At this point, I was gone. I was practically inside Lillian at this point. All I could see was electric blue, all symbols that she had completely taken over. I had never heard Lillian's voice out loud, to my ears, it sounded like she had an accent. Somewhat like how Thadus had his French one, Lillian had one that resembled a Greek dialect. I don't mean to be prideful, but that even turned me on. And if I knew it did for me, Thadus was driven even crazier. 

He growled louder, it racking through my body. 

"Lillian," he said slowly. 

"Nai agápi mou (yes my love)," she responds in Greek, beginning to softly kiss his neck. 

"Garret..." he groaned as she began to suck his neck, around where she would bite him when we mated. "Is fighting me."

"Mmm," she says slowly, releasing his skin to respond. "But she's not fighting me."

I wasn't.

I really wasn't. 

I was ready for Garret to mate me, I really was. I didn't want to pressure him into anything because I felt since it had taken so long, that he wasn't ready. Of course, I was scared to have my first time, it not being his first, but I knew I loved him. I knew he was my everything. No doubt in my mind. I was ready for him when he became ready for me. 

She stopped sucking his neck and looked him straight in the eye. Thadus was still dominant, but he allowed Garret to come through. 

"Are you... are you sure?" he questioned softly. 

Lillian allowed me through. "I was never trying to give the impression that I wasn't," I respond. 

"I... I just thought-"

I placed my hands over his cheeks, feeling his soft stubble. "I've wanted you since I met you. You are the only man for me Garret Johnson, the only one I want." He grinned widely. "Don't let this go to your head."

He kissed me tenderly. "Too late."