xxxvi.

xxxvi. Emerald's POV

"You really suck at packing," Garret said, walking into my apartment that looked the same as it always did. 

"I am packing," I said. 

"Really?" he asks unbelievingly. 

"Well I'm not bringing this stuff with me, it's Jemma's."

"Jemma... your mentor?"

"That's the one, my clothes are packing as we speak."

He looks confused as I walk back to my bedroom where the clothes were magically flying from my closet wall into the suitcases, not stopping until it was done. He stepped in as I went to the dresser, packing my jewelry by hand. I can sense his shock and I held in the smile that threatened to come out. I knew that he wasn't yet used to my powers, with them still progressing more and more, I didn't blame him. 

"It's all just... going to fit in there?" he questions. "Do you know how much clothes you have?"

I turned around. "What are you trying to say, Garret?" He opens his mouth to retort but I stop him before he speaks. "I would really think about what's next to come out of your mouth before I reverse the clothes back on the wall."

He closed his mouth and shook his head. "You know what?" he questions. "This won't even make a dent in the closet."

I nodded my head slowly. "Weird rebuttal but I'll take it."

"Need any help?"

"Um," I say, looking around. "In the room across the hall, there's a chest, can you just put that by the door for me?"

"Yeah, that all?" I nod my head as I finish packing up the jewelry and my closet wall was officially empty. The clothes inside of the two suitcases were neatly folded, didn't look to be overstuffed whatsoever. I mentally grinned at how much I appreciated packing now. Placing my jewelry box on top along with the toiletry bag from my bathroom, I close the two suitcases and carry them off my bed. They felt as if they weren't stuffed to the brim and just a regular old suitcase. 

Walking to the door of the bedroom, I notice Garret still in the witch chamber room, looking around. I knew he had never been in there and, though it was empty, I knew he was trying to figure out what it was. 

Placing the suitcases down and motioning with my finger to the levitate them to the front door, I walk into the room and wrapped my arms around his waist. Placing my head on his broad back, feeling his muscles through the thin material of his shirt. His body radiated heat and I loved it. Smelling his musky cologne with a mixture of his natural pine scent. 

"What was this room?" he questions, his hands softly dragging against the skin of my forearms. 

"A witch chamber," I say softly. He remained silent, waiting for me to continue. "It's where I meditate and make potions, perform spells... usual witch stuff, I guess?" 

He chuckles softly. "You would need this at our house wouldn't you?" I remained silent. When I didn't respond right away, he turned around in my arms and looked at me concerned. "Babe?" he questioned. 

"Our house?" I question, looking up at him grinning. 

Not being able to help it, he grins back. "Yes," he says softly, putting his hands on my cheeks. "Our house." I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of being somewhere with someone who I loved and wanted to start a life with. "So... would you need this room in our home?"

I thought about it. It would be nice and away from other's view. "Only if it wouldn't cause any trouble," I say. 

"You could never be any trouble to me."

"You say that now."

~*~

Garret held my hand while he drove his truck to the Alpha house. 

My exterior, I'm sure, looked calm. And parts of me was because I know I love Garret, there was no doubt in my mind. I would continue until my dying day. But on the inside, Lily and I were stirring. It wasn't because of this sudden step, surprisingly we were both ready for it, regardless of the fact that Garret and I had met not long ago. It was because we were fulfilling the prophecy, I was sure of it. 

Soon I would go against something that would take my life. I've welcomed death for years but now living a life that was no longer my own was scaring. Living a life where I had a loved one, where I would soon be working alongside him as his Luna... it was nerve-racking. 

He had enough on his plate as it is as being an Alpha. Adding my potential death to the mix wasn't something I wanted for him. 

"Your heart is racing," he says, getting me out of my thoughts. Snapping out of my thoughts, I soon realized that I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I was able to make my nerves that visible. "What's on your mind?" he questions, squeezing my hand. I couldn't come up with an excuse quick enough. "If it's meeting the pack, we'll take it slow. You don't have to meet them right away." 

Easy. 

"How are they going to accept someone like you?" I question. 

This had also been running through my mind since Garret's dad had said I was moving in. I wasn't a regular wolf, I wouldn't be a regular Luna. I was considered a myth for centuries. A myth, that if there were even rumors of other's existing, they'd be found dead. 

This pack ran under an Alpha who would kill witches on their territory. We were deemed untrustworthy to them. 

I know under Garret's and his father's reign that they would never allow that to happen, especially now that I was here, but it still bugged me. 

"Someone like you?" he questions. 

"Garret," I say, undoing my hand from his. I ran my hands over my face, seemingly glad I had not worn makeup today. "Just because you and your dad were so accepting of me being half witch half wolf doesn't mean your pack will too. Anyone associated with me can potentially die, do you get that?"

Seeing my frustration and my anxiety, he brings his hand to the back of my neck, curling his fingers into my hair and scratching the back of my head. Lilly growled lowly and I nearly moaned from how good it felt. His fingers worked magic beyond my understanding. 

"As far as I am concerned, you are my mate, their soon-to-be Luna. They will accept you one way or another. You leave that up to me."

My body wanted to retort but his fingers in my hair just shut me up. His distraction worked, for now. 

"Hey hun," I say lowly, still enjoying his fingers. 

"Hm?" He questioned. 

"You got a new mattress and sheets right?"

"Yeah," he responds honestly. "Why?"

"Keep this up?" I say, referring to his fingers. "I might have to make you pregnant."