xxxviii.

Emerald's POV.

With the news of his brother still weighing heavily on my mind, Garret soon took my hand and led me inside his home. The inside was just as breathtaking as the outside. It was warm and cozy and inviting and let's not forget, immensely huge. 

He led me past plenty of sitting areas into a cozy family room that was more tucked into the house. 

Having already passed a grand staircase when entering the house, I was confused about the staircase in the family room

"Where do the staircases lead to?" I question while looking around the room like I was in a museum. 

"The one near the front door is to the bedrooms," he responds. "This one is to the study, game room, the indoor pool, and library."

I shouldn't be surprised by the rooms he listed. In a house like these, you could afford to have all those things. But goodness, even an indoor pool? 

He pulled me off to the right where we walked down a well-lit hallway and passed by the dining room. 

"This is the family dining room," he explains

"The family dining room?" I repeat. "As in... there's another one?"

He nods his head. "This one is for our meals with each other, but when we have guests, we go to the guest dining room."

I could understand the name of this one. It was big, no doubt, but also intimate. 

"So it's you, your brother, and your dad?" I question. 

Garret sighs softly. "Yeah. A lot of the time my aunt from my mom's side will come and visit, you'll probably meet her soon."

"What's she like? Your aunt."

He smiles as he stood at the end of the table, leaning his body against the chair. "A lot like my mom. You would've loved her, and her you. You guys are alike in a lot of ways. She's really kind and compassionate, funny too, biggest sense of humor in our family. She'll make you feel like family, I promise."