xxx.

xxx. Emerald

"What?"I question. "Did you-"

"No," he interrupts. "I didn't tell him. I love my father but I don't tell him everything. That was more my mom's job..." I was silent, unsure on if he wanted to talk about his mom or the fact that his father wanted to meet me. Either one made me uncomfortable but I was willing to do it for the sake of the relationship. One was just going to be profoundly harder than the other. "Anyways, he was able to sense that I was withdrawn and that it was taking a toll on me..."

"And he wants to meet me?" he nods. I was silent. I knew that once I met his father the question would rise about my whereabouts and what pack I originated from and why my natural scent wasn't evident. It was all questions that I had yet to answer for Garret. He was being very patient about it and I appreciated that very much, but I knew time was winding up for me to reveal that part of my life that I had buried for so long. "Are you free tonight?" I question. 

He looked at me confused. "For you?" he questioned, me nodding in response. "Absolutely."

Nodding my head again, still deep in thought. "Can you be at my place at seven?"

"Why not no-"

"Because I need to get everything ready," I interrupted. 

"Ready for what?"

"For me to tell you my truth," I answer. 

He looked shocked. "Emerald," he says seriously. "You don't need to feel obligated."

"It's not fair to you to reveal myself to your father before you."

"Why would you need to reveal yourself to my father?"

"Just... come over at seven. Please."

He looked over my face before nodding his head. "You have my word."

Smiling softly, I stood, him following my action. Not being able to help myself, I reached up to grab his face and bring his lips closer to mine. Once they meet, it was electrifying and something that I wasn't willing to release just yet but I knew I had to. For the sake of getting everything prepared for tonight. 

When we released, I leaned my forehead against his. "I love you," I whisper, knowing he heard. 

"I love you too," he responded, determined.

~*~

I felt him enter the building.

I felt him in the elevator to my floor.

I felt him walking to my door.

I felt his confusion. I felt his anxiousness. I felt his peace of finally being back with me. 

I resembled his feelings in all cases. 

Before he could even knock on my door, I opened it. I probably looked horrible because I had been cooking ever since I left him at the diner. It wasn't precisely for this evening. I wasn't trying to impress him. It was to help me think of what I would say to him about my life. How I could word it just right. 

Stepping inside, he brings me into him, him sniffing my hair and then my neck. My scent was masked yet again so I wasn't entirely sure of what he was looking for. 

"Chicken Alfredo," he begins. "Buttered biscuits. Brownies. Cookies... and..." he sniffed harder. 

"Chicken pot pie," I say. "I burned it... hence why I have chicken alfredo."

"Distracted?" he questioned, pressing his lips against my neck. "Or needed a distraction?"

I sigh softly as he peppered his lips around the area where he'd bite me once we mate. "Both," I say softly.