Chapter Four

Chapter Four

                  I got the broom.  Had to battle a raccoon in order to get it.  But ya know, that's normal to open a old closet to a mean raccoon.  Happens to all those movies with old dirty houses.  This just happened to be an old dirty garage.  The closet also had non-explosive light bulbs, that's always a plus.  The phone didn't work, so I don't know how people are going to call in.  The drawer was locked, couldn't access any documents either.  Won't have any clue how these peoples cars have been working.  Thought about just breaking the drawer open, but with the luck I'm having today I'll probably get in trouble.  I've been here an hour and not one person has showed up out of the tons.  I downed one Monster drink already, wasn't going to open another one yet, wanted to make them last.  I just needed to take a seat and relax for a moment.  I pulled the desk chair out and sat down.  Next thing I know I was sitting on the floor.  Should have known the chair would break.  

                   The door opened.  Great, first costumer: I'm on the floor, place is a mess and there's probably no tools at all.  "Wyatt....?  You in here?"  the voice was familiar.  Couldn't remember whose though.  The name was on the tip of my tongue.  Was a female.  I pulled myself up using the desk.  Melanie had walked in.  She was wearing a hot pink sun dress that made her look even more tan and brought out the green in her eyes.  You could even seen a few blond highlights in her hair next to the pink.  "Oh!  What are you doing on the floor?" She walked closer to me and lifted on eyebrow.

                  "This place is a dump.  The mayor..Mr...whats-his-face should have given me a warning!  I doubt any of the equipment works or if there's even tools to work with." I know I sounded pissed, like I was taking it out on here.  Frankly to be honest I'm tired as fuck and didn't expect to have all this extra work.  And there's no customers.  Don't know how I'll make the money to fix this up to buy tools!  

                 She took a good look around and frowned slightly, "Want help...? I'm not doing anything today.  And if you want, I can answer phones for free- till you are able to pay me.".  Her offer sounded really nice right now.  I just nodded to exhausted to talk right now.  "Look, I'll be back in fifteen minutes!  With a jeep full of cleaning supplies and...what else do you need?".

                  "hold on, let me check!"  I went into the garage to look for any kind of tools.  Luckily on a shelf hanging on the wall there was a red rusted tool box full of good enough quality tools.  I ran back into the waiting room. "You'll need a chair to sit in.  A phone to answer calls with.  A pen and paper too.".

                    "Oh my, okay...Can we make that twenty five minutes instead?  I think my nana has an extra phone we can use."  She smiled, she looked to delighted to be helping.  I told her to take as long as she needed.  She ran out, using her time the best she could.  

                      Like she had said she was back in twenty five minutes.  Looking like a good, on time employee.  The right side of my lips crept up into a sideways smile, I was the boss.  I liked that.  I went out to help her carry everything.  She had brought a whole laundry basket of cleaning supplies.  A telephone, she even brought a few mouse traps.  Maybe all of them together could manage to capture any extra raccoons hanging around.  After I put the stuff down on the desk she walked in with two large hot coffees.  

                      "No offense but you look really tired, Monster drinks will only give you a harder crash.  Your coffee is black right now, so I brought you some splenda and sugars" she gave me my coffee and dug into her purse, almost spilling her coffee.

                      "Thank you so much Mel.  And Don't worry about it.  I like my coffee black," I took a big long sip.  Tasted so good.  She stopped digging in her purse.  She put her coffee and purse down on the desk as well.  I was nervous that it would join the chair on the floor, but it seemed to be keeping everything up.  Wasn't shaking or anything.  That's a good thing.  She pulled all her curls into one big pony tail, showing all of her face.  It glowed.