Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

                       I walked home, alive and surprised.  Wasn't expecting to make it out of there alive.  By the time I had left, it had to be close to four or three in the morning.  And I still had work today.  But strangely I was wide awake.  I walked down the dirt road kicking little rocks in front of me.  Mr. Garth wasn't so bad when he didn't have a knife to your throat.  He asked the usual questions; Where you from?  Why'd you leave?  What are you doing in town?  Are you going to fuck up the garage like the last kid?  Are you crazy? Well, the last question isn't very common.  

                   Halfway to the garage something hit me in the mind so hard I stopped walking.  Mr. Garth is the sheriff of this town.  That man, is the sheriff.  What the hell.  I don't even understand how.  I slowly started walking again, trying to wrap my mind around that fact.  I might have laughed if that guy was the pope, but no, that man straps a gun to his hip and pins a badge to his chest every morning.  

                As soon as I opened the door to the garage Melanie pulled up behind me.  I walked into the shop and turned the lights on. Melanie walked in wearing short shorts and a Navy blue tank top.  I smiled a little to myself as I opened the garage door.  She got the schedule out of the drawer and put it down on the table.  I went over to look at it after kissing her good morning.  There was seven appointments, she had the price and everything written down;

Augest 10th 8:30 A.M.:

                                                          Brake fluid replacement:

                                                          Acura 1998 integra:

                                                           Labor: $72

                                                            Parts: $14

                                                             Pay: $86

                                                      Break pad replacement (front):

                                                             infiniti 2007 fx45:

                                                               Labor: $218

                                                               parts: $97

                                                               Pay: $315

                                                        Oil leak Diagnosis:

                                                GMC 2012 Sierra 1500 Hybrid:

                                                              Labor: $90

                                                                Pay: $90

                       Those were the three appointments I had for the morning.  She even knew the exact type of car, I knew I liked her for a reason.  Raquel Taylor walked in for her break fluid replacement.  She was a young lady, about in her mid 30's.  She had shoulder length blond hair and a little baby girl on her hip.  Her son who looked about five was already getting bored.