Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

                           I shoved them into the garage after running across the street to get a new carton of Marlboro cigarettes.  When I lit one both their faces turned a shade of gray.  "What's the matter with you?"

                               Justin turned his head away, but when Sarah had an opinion she screamed it to the world, "You're dying of liver and lung cancer but you fucking light one up?"

                                  "Shut up Sarah,"- she looked like she was going to punch me in the gut now- "Anyway, do you want to know who she is or not?"  I had to change the subject.  We were here because of the subject.  I looked down at the floor where I made love to Harvey and felt sick.  I couldn't talk about Melanie in here with the memories, but I had to.  I have no other place of my own.  

                                   "Yes!," she spoke loudly.

                                   I kept looking around the shop, I left her here this morning.  Where did she go?  How would she get home, the people who brought her here are with me.  "Her name is Melanie Miranda"

                                 Justin stood quietly, behind Sarah.  I know he's hiding something from me.  I took a seat in Melanie's office chair.  I needed to sit down, my head was spinning so fast I could feel the Earth moving beneath me.  "How'd you meet her?  She hot?"

                                 I gave Sarah a look, "Yes she is, and she's straight." -Sarah frowned a little bit- "She's the woman's granddaughter who I'm staying with.  She's also my sectary"  

                                    Sarah laughed out loud, "You're banging your sectary?!"

                                    "We haven't had sex.  Just shut up Sarah for the love of God!"  I yelled at her.  I had no patience.  I was mad at the world.  I was mad at me.  I had the urge to leave again.  Maybe this time I'd leave the country, they wouldn't come after me then.  "How'd you find me?"  I looked straight at Justin.

                                          "When you called your mom and left her a message telling her that was the number of the house you were staying at, she tracked it down to Winona Texas.  Found the house  and showed up at it.  An old lady named Miss Ally answered, confirned that you are staying there.  Wasn't very hard.  We all knew you were in Texas anyway.  You were always saying how you were going to move out here one day"  Justin spoke up.

                                             "You met Miss Ally?" I asked.  Does she know about Harvey now?  Well she did before, but did she meet her?

                                                     "She's the nicest lady I've ever met!"  Sarah gushed.  

                                                  Somebody shoot me now.  That woman is going to cut my balls off then feed them to the scorpions around here.  "She absolutely loves Harvey"  Sarah added.  I slammed my head down on the desk really hard over and over.  Everything was growing black.  

                                                    Justin grabbed me by the back of my neck, "Calm down.  Look Wyatt, I'm really sorry.  I make stupid mistakes.  If I'd known you had met Melanie I wouldn't have brought her.  I had no idea how it was for you to be with Harvey.  You always seemed better off with her"  He let go of my neck when I leaned back in the chair.