Chapter Five

Chapter Five

                 There she was.  Beautiful.  Dark wavy hair, big hazel eyes.  My Angel.  Right there.  All I had to do was reach my hand out.  She started to glow.  What's going on? She's fading!  Wait!  Wait!  She's trying to say something...What are you trying to say Angel?  Don't go.  Please don't go. I'm sorry!  I'm sorry!  Stay with me, I won't leave you ever again.  I promise.  Forever and a million days.  It's not over.  It will never be over.  Time is still traveling.  When time stops my heart will still beat for you.  I said forever and I mean it.  You're gone...I dropped to my knees.  Looking down at my hands, all I had to do was reach out and grab her.  Why couldn't I?  She was right in front of me.  Our noses could have touched she was so close.  You let her go.  I looked up, I was in this great big room. As tiny as an ant.  But it was just blackness.  I couldn't even see my hands anymore.  No...no...I don't like the darkness.  No!  I tried to scream.  I hollered and banged my fists against the floor.  Not a sound.  I was mute again.  No, I had just found my voice.  Not this again.  God please.  

                   I froze.  They were back.  I could feel them in the room.  They made the darkness dark. They froze ice.  They made your blood spill just by floating by you.  Black demons.  My demons.  A sharp pain hit me in the back.  They always strike at my back. I screamed, but nothing came out.  I could feel the veins popping out of my neck trying.  My body is scared in black scars from them.  They burn, they never stop burning.  I rather be on fire during the time they scratch you.  Their scratch burns like white fire. I had no where to hide in here.  Wait this is just a dream...maybe this isn't really happening this time.  Why can't I wake up...Wake up Wyatt!  Wake up!  You're sleeping in a house with more god references than a church! I could feel the blood pour down my back.  My blood even burned.  I was flung across the empty room, to hit a wall full force.  I could hear one of my ribs crack. My back was faced away from them, they began to claw at my chest and stomach.  I tried to fight back.  I always do.  Just hurts more.

                      I bolted up, could barely breathe.  I yelped.  My whole body burned.  My hands were shaking.  They too were burned.  I wish I could say my life is some fantasy story.  But no, this is real.  I have demons.  Some demons come in a bottle, a pair of high heels or a suit case.  Mine come from hell.  I also wasn't on the bed anymore...Woke up on the floor.  My clothes reeked of blood and sweat.  It still looked early out, the sun wasn't even all the way over the horizon yet. Miss Ally wouldn't be up.  Now would be a good time to take a shower.  I slowly got up, it hurt but I managed it and went into the bathroom.  I put the water on freezing cold, stripped down and got in.  The coldness felt so good, but the pressure hurt.  I stood there for about twenty minutes till I started actually cleaning myself.  How could I have been so stupid to think they'd stay back home.  I don't want to start sleeping in a church again.  That was the only way I could keep them away.  

                        If I plan on starting over, I've got to start acting new.  Yeah, scars are forever but there's always scar treatments, that just shows nothing lasts forever.  My love for her won't last forever either.  I've got to start thinking for positive.  I'm going to die soon, I know.  Sure, that's not a happy thought at all, whats so ever.  I have lung cancer.  That's just a fact.  I went for treatments after treatments, I laid in bed for days, refused to eat.  Was just going to wither away.  But look, I made my way all the way out to Texas.  I managed to mow a whole lawn with a push mower.  I've lived past what the doctors said I would when I stopped treatment.  Now, I have no idea when the gates will open for me.  Might as well live life to the fullest.  Starting today.  Going to forget Harley, I feel something for Melanie.  If she's with Todd, that's OK.  She's not the only girl on this planet.  If she's not with Todd, I'm going to ask her out for a drink.  Or dinner.  Don't know how the bar is around here with people drinking at the age of eight teen.  But the very first thing I would do is shave.  And make an appointment at the barbers.