Chapter 10

I stood outside letting the air hit my face. I wanted it to carry my thoughts away until my mind was blank. The previous night had not brought any relief to my ever increasing array of nightmares and gruesome premonitions, though last night brought weird dreams (a dragon in a cave is the least realistic thing I have ever dreamt about which was a relief).

I decided at the last minute that I wanted to take all of the clothes off of the clothes line and bring them inside. It looked like it was going to rain and I needed an excuse to stay away from whatever meeting they were having inside. It just felt so... weird. It's not like I do not want to be a part of defending Ealdor. Its just... Im scared. It is terrible. Im not scared because I can't stand up for myself. Im scared because of what I saw. Im scared because of what I can do; what Merlin can do. We can mean the safety or destruction of Ealdor.

Im scared of myself the most. Merlin has a barrier to his abilities. He can't do certain things due to incantations or movement, but I don't have that. My fear keeps the fire at bay.

Once I put the basket of clothes into our cottage, I stepped out to enjoy the fresh air. The world was at a stand still and everything was calm. The calm before the storm.

Moments later, I saw a horse come towards us. Something was draped across its back. I don't know if its the bobbing head of hair or pure instinct that confirmed that it was a human body on the horses back. My eyes grew wide and I let out a shriek before I knew what I was doing. I quickly clamped my mouth shut and ran over to the horse. I stopped the white mare and soothed her nervousness.

I tried to go over to the body, but a hand gripped my arm stopping me.

"You shouldn't see this." It was Prince Arthur. He looked down in concern. I was about to reply when a name pierced the air and stopped me dead.

"MATTHEW!" Someone yelled, probably his wife. I shook off Arthurs arm and made my way to the body that was now on the floor. There was a group of men surrounding him, but I pushed my way through.

In stories, someone usually talks about time slowing down. I never understood that. How could time slow down for one person and move normally for everyone else? Seeing is believing, right? All I could see the body in front of me. All I could hear was my own heart beat. All I could feel was sadness.

I dropped onto the grass and held his hand. Matthew was a father figure for me. He made sure I was okay. He checked on me and gave me advice and cheered me up. He helped me through so much and now he is dead. His face is rapidly loosing color and his wound is still gushing out blood. I was vaguely aware of the screams behind me. I could feel hands trying to grab at me, but I shook them away.

I was shaking. I wasn't cold, but I couldn't stop it. Tears were streaming out of my eyes quickly and this time I didn't try to wipe them away. I felt two hands grab my arms, and I tried to shake them off, but I was no longer in control. I let go of his hands and was picked up from where I was. I was taken not to far away, but far enough.

"Alison, sweet. Look at me. Look at me. Please." I saw mum in front of me and I heard her voice and I focused on her words. My shaking decreased and my breathing somewhat went back to normal.

In... Out.

In... Out.

In... Out.

I closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness. What was supposed to be a moment to clear my head turned into a nightmare as I started seeing images: Merlin with no head; Mum with a hole where her heart should be; Prince Arthur cut up in pieces; Then nothing.

Hello Loves. I finally came back with a new chapter! 

Pretty soon, I am going to start writing longer chapters so that I don't spend 50 chapters on one episode. 

I am going to write one really long chapter for this episode so that we can get on with the rest of the show and get to the other things I have planned for our beloved characters.

So, what do you think is going on with Alison? Leave some of your guesses in the comments.

I recently gained a lot more free time so hopefully updates will come much faster.

I hope all all of you have a great week.

BTW, congratulations to everyone who will soon be graduating this year!

To everyone who still have to face the horrors of school: Its almost over. You got this. A few more weeks!