Chapter 11

Alison's POV

I woke up to the sound of an explosion. I bolted upright, but instantly regretted it because there was a searing pain in my head. I closed my eyes tightly in efforts to make the pain subside. As soon as the pain dwindled, my senses focused on what was going on outside. There was a lot of yelling and the sound of metal against metal.

I stood up only to be hit with a wave of nausea. What happened to me?

I gulped down a glass of water I found and moved to the door. When I opened it, chaos erupted. There were screams of all sorts of pitches coming from all directions.

I was frozen in place. I saw the chaos and I froze up.

I saw Kanen and his men and the people of Ealdor fighting. I snapped out of my daze when I saw Kanen himself chase after Amity, a woman who might as well have been my grandmother. I picked up a discarded rake and charged. I pushed him off of his horse and then ran like hell. It wasn't long before someone tried to cut my head off. I don't think my limbs can grow back and I was not eager to find out. I ducked and kept running.

I found Merlin and ran to him.

"Alison! You're awake!" He said hugging me. I returned the hug and quickly fulled away. I grabbed his sword and slashed at one of Kanen's men who was charging at us. He dodged and attacked but somehow I blocked it. Merlin grabbed the sword out of my hands and killed the man. I picked up a discarded sword from the ground and stayed close to Melin. I have read many books that stated that in a moment like this, time slows down and you notice every detail, but it was nothing like that. Time passed in a blur of silver, red and heat. I swung my sword at any of Kanen's men who approached. I may not have been skilled, but an unskilled woman blindly swinging a sharp object is more dangerous than a trained man.

I was in the clear when I saw Prince Arthur out of the corner of my eye. He was fighting off two men effortlessly. I was amazed. I would sometimes dream about learning how to properly fight with a sword, but in Ealdor, that isn't possible. In my distracted state, I failed to notice the man behind me until I felt a searing pain on my side. I cried out and fell to the ground. Will stabbed the man and knelt down beside me.

"Alison! Come on, we have to get you inside" he said before picking me up and bringing me into the same bed I had left not that long ago.The pain was intense and my thoughts were blurring together. It was hard to think, but I tried to. "I am going to clean the wound so you don't get infected" he said, and I panicked. I put my hand to where there was still some pain and felt a cut not as deep as it was moments ago. I felt it closing until I could no longer feel anything but blood where the wound used to be.

"No, its fine. I'm not hurt. He didn't even cut me" I said

"Don't lie to me, Alison. I know you got cut. You're bleeding."

"No Im not. He just wiped his bloody sword on me. I was surprised by how cold it was and yelled out in shock."

"I cannot believe you're still lying. I saw the blade cut your side:

I lifted my top to where the cut was and showed Will the small area with blood smeared on it. "See? No cut. There is a lot of blood, but its not my blood"

Will was silent for a moment before coming to me and enveloping me in a tight embrace. "I don't know what you sis, or how you did it. Im glad you are not hurt" Will said into my hair.

"So am I" I said before pulling away and tried going back towards the fight, but Will grabbed my wrist.

"You have magic" he said. It was a statement. No room for debate.

"Will-"

"No. I know what I saw. It makes sense you have magic. If Merlin has it, then it makes sense that you do too"

"Its...not really magic" I admitted. "I can heal quickly, but that's the only thing I can do" We stood there for a little bit in a slightly awkward silence.

"I guess something like that can really be useful in a fight like this" I said before walking back out into the chaos.

I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!! I don't know why or how, but I was hit with motivation and inspiration and I am so glad I was. The thing about writing this chapter was I didn't want it to just be a fight scene. I wanted depth and all that, so not only did it take a long time to be able to come up with something, but it took great effort to actually write it. 

I can't wait for Spring Break because the means more writing!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading!!!!!